RH-1 in Spain

Rate this topic

dogville

I'm confident there won't be many mindisc owners in Spain :blink: , but I would like to know if anybody happens to know when the rh-1 will be released here. I know it has been released in UK and the Netherlands but for the rest ??? :huh:

Regards :rolleyes:

Edited by dogville

Well, seeing how Sony released it in the UK and The Netherlands (if one can call that an actual release - only a few units available here and there), I wouldn't really get my hopes up if I were you, especially since the UK is known to be more MD-enthus than many other places in Europe.

In France, which can be compared to Spain in term of minidisc (I guess), I spoke with a Sony employee (business department) and he has absolutely no idea when the RH1 will be released. It was supposed to come out in May, as mentionned in the official statement made by Sony, but it has been delayed since, and no new date has been set. The guy also admitted he doesn't have access to top secret information, but still, he doesn't see it out on the French shelves before the beginning of July. And that's being optimistic, according to him.

Well, seeing how Sony released it in the UK and The Netherlands (if one can call that an actual release - only a few units available here and there), I wouldn't really get my hopes up if I were you, especially since the UK is known to be more MD-enthus than many other places in Europe.

In France, which can be compared to Spain in term of minidisc (I guess), I spoke with a Sony employee (business department) and he has absolutely no idea when the RH1 will be released. It was supposed to come out in May, as mentionned in the official statement made by Sony, but it has been delayed since, and no new date has been set. The guy also admitted he doesn't have access to top secret information, but still, he doesn't see it out on the French shelves before the beginning of July. And that's being optimistic, according to him.

Thanks Norick. Let's wait :rolleyes:

Well, I have done some research in Spain for the new MZ-RH1 as i'm very much interested on buying it. I have two decks and one portable but this new unit seems to fit all my needs :D

Anyway, I contacted SONY Spain about two weeks ago and they answered me literally that they have the MZ-RH1 avaliable for distributors to order it. Well, I thought that were really good news!

So I started my search on distributors and this is what I have found so far:

Tiendas Sony (www.tiendasony.com) answered: "Hu! What! This model does not appear in our SONY catalogue..." :(

Sony Gallery (authorized SONY distributor) (www.sonygallery.com): "We'll have this model avaliable for online shopping during this week!" :o Well, that was 15 days ago but still they have no mention about it on their web site... :angry: I check their site regulary so if there is any news I'll post it here.

For what I have been looking around on different sites over the net on Europe, America and Japan it seems that MZ-RH1 will not be avaliable for dispatching until late june, it seems that very few units have been made avaliable and online sellers have ran out of stock.

I´m also thinking about buying the Rh1. I posted some weeks ago, that here in Madrid my local Sony distributor (Calle Barquillo) would be ordering it (for sure)in late June. He promised me he would be selling it for about 300€ (this shop ALWAYS has cheaper prices than the Fnac or El Corte ingles don´t ask me how).

They didn´t have it on catalogue but they´ve always been pretty serious about these things (I´ve dealed with them in previous occasions).

I also asked another Sony distributor in C/Princesa, they didn´t even know what was I talking about, depends in the interests of the owners I guess.

I wont be able to get it till late august, anyway this is all I can tell you.

(by the way, FNAC Madrid (C/Preciados) is not selling MD or Hi-md anymore! If you go to the Digital cameras/Flash- HDD Players they no longer have the old MD or Hi-MD models). I think they are still selling some blanks, :S)

I´m also thinking about buying the Rh1. I posted some weeks ago, that here in Madrid my local Sony distributor (Calle Barquillo) would be ordering it (for sure)in late June. He promised me he would be selling it for about 300€ (this shop ALWAYS has cheaper prices than the Fnac or El Corte ingles don´t ask me how).

They didn´t have it on catalogue but they´ve always been pretty serious about these things (I´ve dealed with them in previous occasions).

I also asked another Sony distributor in C/Princesa, they didn´t even know what was I talking about, depends in the interests of the owners I guess.

I wont be able to get it till late august, anyway this is all I can tell you.

(by the way, FNAC Madrid (C/Preciados) is not selling MD or Hi-md anymore! If you go to the Digital cameras/Flash- HDD Players they no longer have the old MD or Hi-MD models). I think they are still selling some blanks, :S)

My news from Sony Gallery in La Coruña, says that the rh-1 will be released on the first week of July at a price over 340 €. I will visit Madrid if it is finally sold at 300 € there.

Regards

Edited by dogville

Hey! "Tiendas Sony" (www.tiendasony.com) has it avaliable NOW for online ordering (http://www.tiendasony.com/product_info.php?cPath=26_170&products_id=703) for "only" 282 € + 10 € shipping. I have just ordered mine! :D

They say that this is an on demand product, they have no units avaliable at their shop, but I hope they don't delay shipping too much... -_-

PS: They have just confirmed me that MZ-RH1 will be avaliable around the middle of July... anyway, I have already ordered it so the only thing left for me to do is WAIT A MONTH! Arghhh! :(

Edited by pincholas

• 1 month later...

I got my unit past friday. Have been playing with it during weekend. Very nice. This babe does what it has to do. Uploading feature is a must have, it is for me. I can imagine what would have happened if uploading/unlimited downloading features would have been made avaliable since first Net-MD unit reached the market. Now it is too late, not for me, but for the rest of the world. Anyway, I'm pretty happy with this unit but HELL! Who the f*ck decided not to let the unit/software download in real SP mode? SONY will never understand... let's see what they do with blue-ray units, sure is another SONY fiasco... :wacko:

RH1 is avaliable in SPAIN right now! :D

I got my unit past friday. Have been playing with it during weekend. Very nice. This babe does what it has to do. Uploading feature is a must have, it is for me. I can imagine what would have happened if uploading/unlimited downloading features would have been made avaliable since first Net-MD unit reached the market. Now it is too late, not for me, but for the rest of the world. Anyway, I'm pretty happy with this unit but HELL! Who the f*ck decided not to let the unit/software download in real SP mode? SONY will never understand... let's see what they do with blue-ray units, sure is another SONY fiasco... :wacko:

RH1 is avaliable in SPAIN right now! :D

The shop where I'm going to buy it from, tells me it will be delivered from Barcelona on the 19th july.

Regards.

Edited by dogville

Where do you buy blank HIMD in Spain? Here, in FNAC Zaragoza it's not possible.

Thanks

In Spain I have no idea. I don't really know how much a hi-md blank is in Spain, neither where they can be purchased. If anybody knows a cheap place, let us know :rolleyes:;)

By the way, my rh-1 is on its way home and tonight I will recharge it for the first time :rolleyes::P

bye

Damn...out in Spain and here in France we still have to wait till...well, maybe September, some even say November. Go figure. Not that I really care, for I have already bought mine in the UK, but still, it'd be nice for Sony to show some minor consideration. But hey, what do you know...