Sennheiser PX100

Rate this topic

The Low Volta

IPB Image

Hi all,

we all (well a lot of us) know the famous 'cheap but very good' Sennheiser PX100; but many of us only know them from being mentioned and recommended on these forums. Therefore I bring you a Senn PX100 pictorial...

a short intro

(a full review can be found here) the Senn PX100 are an open, lightweight, foldable set of phones costing about $40. Together with the Koss portapros they are often mentioned as the best 'value for money' cans under $100. In sound quality they easily beat a whole lot of other phones in this price-range and also in comfort I haven't really seen better in this class...

but enough chat...

the pics

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

hope you enjoyed this!

Edited by The Low Volta

I believe the PX200 comes in exactly the same box and they have even thought about something to wind the cable on... just look closely at the one but last pic, as it shows slightly curved indents in the narrower (soon-to-be-inside once closed) of case, together with a sort of trench this is the place to lead the cable in as shown here by my lousy mobile phone-camera

[attachmentid=1774]

[attachmentid=1775]

hope this clears things up

post-5301-1150301737_thumb.jpg

post-5301-1150301751_thumb.jpg

that checked-design was kinda popular a couple of years ago for snowboard/skateboard gear I believe as I remember oakley and a couple of other brands marketed glasses/helmets etc with the same design

I guess it is real... glad my PX100 came in neutral metallic :lol:

that checked-design was kinda popular a couple of years ago for snowboard/skateboard gear I believe as I remember oakley and a couple of other brands marketed glasses/helmets etc with the same design

I guess it is real... glad my PX100 came in neutral metallic :lol:

Confirmed real :blink:

Popular a coupla years ago, eh.

Hello Sennheiser. Wake up.

Edit

Just noticed the PX100 are available in (iPod :P ) white, too:

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/produ...?transid=500426

BTW, I bought the (much-riduculed, by me) infamous behind-the-neck checked PMX100. Certainly far better sound than the Sony MDR-G72 my sister used. Just as ugly in person (if not, more) than in the product literature.

Basics

Fine sound for portable phones. Fit and ergonomics needs work (knew this going in).

Might put up a separate review if I ever stop being so lazy.

B)

Edited by tekdroid

• 5 weeks later...

Confirmed real :blink:

Popular a coupla years ago, eh.

Hello Sennheiser. Wake up.

Edit

Just noticed the PX100 are available in (iPod :P ) white, too:

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/produ...?transid=500426

BTW, I bought the (much-riduculed, by me) infamous behind-the-neck checked PMX100. Certainly far better sound than the Sony MDR-G72 my sister used. Just as ugly in person (if not, more) than in the product literature.

Basics

Fine sound for portable phones. Fit and ergonomics needs work (knew this going in).

Might put up a separate review if I ever stop being so lazy.

B)

Undoubtedly, the PX-100 are the best headphones for a portable player by far. SUPERB SOUND AND COMFORT!. The Koss portra are very good too but not easy to find. The PX-200 has nothing to do with his brother, very poor sound for a very poor isolation.

regards

Edited by dogville

they have, it is called the PMX... series so the PMX100 is the PX100 with neck-strap

I have a couple of pairs of PMX60s, I use one of the them as a "stage monitor" when I play with my band (fed from a mini-mixer), and it really does the business for me. They are also very comfortable, and I have quite a large head ...

The second pair is really a reserve pair in case I break the first, but I use them often with one of my MD units, and the quality is pretty good, though not quite as good as the PX100s I also have.

Apart from being slightly better accoustically, the main advantage of the PX100 over the PMX60s, is that they do indeed collapse down into a small case which can be packed in a bag, or just about anything. The PMX's don't collapse and therefore are rather bulky and vulnerable in a case (the main reason why I have a "spare" pair).

Next time I have a few spare pounds in my wallet, maybe I will try a pair of PMX100s.

HtH

Edited by Mr_Bass_Man

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I can vouch for these headphones. They have been the best open phones i've ever owned. They review highly among listeners around the world.

They're hard to find now where I am (In Australia), If you need a pair I really recommend them.

I'm not sure where you are in Oz, but the JB Hi-Fi stores in Melbourne's CBD have carried them as long as I can recall (black and white)...not very helpful for my wallet, as the scuttlebutt here has made me start "circling" them lol....

I've never tried them, but the PX100s seem so....so..cheap looking? Can anyone say anything about how good they are at blocking out external noise?

peace

WaywardTraveller

wayward... you can always have a read in my PX100/D66SL review (linked in the first post I believe) or if you want a very quick answer:

- they look cheap 'cause they are cheap... but they sound pretty darn expensive (lots of ppl call them - together with the Koss KSC75 - simply the best or more realistically the best value-for-money portable headphone in existence)

- they do NOT really block out external noise so they aren't really suited for noisy environments (city streets) as they make you listen at much higher volumes than 1) you normally do and worse 2) is good for your ears

• 4 months later...

PX100-banner.jpg

Hi all,

we all (well a lot of us) know the famous 'cheap but very good' Sennheiser PX100; but many of us only know them from being mentioned and recommended on these forums. Therefore I bring you a Senn PX100 pictorial...

a short intro

(a full review can be found here) the Senn PX100 are an open, lightweight, foldable set of phones costing about $40. Together with the Koss portapros they are often mentioned as the best 'value for money' cans under $100. In sound quality they easily beat a whole lot of other phones in this price-range and also in comfort I haven't really seen better in this class...

but enough chat...

I read the review , sounds like you had more fun contemplating the review than writing it , loved the part about pulling the mac off the table ( I look sheepishly around to make sure no one is listening and say ....Yep , Ive done that ROTFLMAO ) and talking to someone about what your listening to , man ...how many times havent we all , just wished that we could make everyone around us hear what we each hear and what goes on in our head , but alas ... nobody is listening .

Wouldnt mind having a pair of those phones , and I can vouch for the 66l's I have listened to them quite a few times , and they are very comfortable.

Edited by Guitarfxr

• 7 months later...

Sorry to drag this thread up. Just thought I'll add. I have a set of PMX100's. Comfy phones, I find them waaay too bassy. Can't use them for music, bass just dominates everything regardless of player/source. I have a set of CX300's and they are far better. Different type of cheap phone though. I use the PMX100 on the computer, for games and stuff.

Edited by Sparky191

Hey Sparky , I bought a pair of the PX100 's and with the EQ set at normal , no bass enhancement they suit me just fine, I have been using them everyday , and have become standard issue in my backpack .

I will agree, that the bass is solid in the PX100's , very solid , but take out some of the eq( which will save battery life) and just bring them to natural . I bought them because of the reviews here on this board , and ,.................. I wasn't disappointed .