how much is my RH10l worth?

Rate this topic

johnsmells

hi, just wondering, if i was going to sell my RH10l (the japanese only blue one) on ebay or some such how much do you think i could get for it?

It has absolutely all the packaging and doesn't have any scratches at all

I am in the UK by the way

For the japanese model, probably about $250USD.

Depending on its condition and how close it is to being "like new" and complete, I would expect much more than $250. A Japanese RH10 (silver) recently sold for US$340 + $23 shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-MZ-RH10-Hi-MD-MP3...1QQcmdZViewItem

Good luck.

well, thats the magic of Ebay. Your unit could sell for 130£ or 200£, depending on various factors. Just set a reserve price at 150£ and you'll be fine.

But in my opinion, the odds of you selling it for more than 300 dollars are thin. You gotta be quite the minidisc fan and appreciate the fact that its a "japanese" unit to pay that much. The average minidisc joe guy looking for a cool unit will just buy the regular version instead.

Edited by Norick

well, thats the magic of Ebay. Your unit could sell for 130£ or 200£, depending on various factors. Just set a reserve price at 150£ and you'll be fine.

But in my opinion, the odds of you selling it for more than 300 dollars are thin. You gotta be quite the minidisc fan and appreciate the fact that its a "japanese" unit to pay that much. The average minidisc joe guy looking for a cool unit will just buy the regular version instead.

On the flip side, you will also have the unknowledgable (average) minidisc buyers purchasing things for more than what we (on this forum) would pay, especially if it's in a color they've never seen before. Every Japanese RH10 that I've seen has sold for over US$300 - blue, orange, and now silver. Various factors not only include the condition of the unit, but your eBay feedback and location (shipping can make or break a good deal) as well.

In my opinion, what could make your blue RH10 sell for more than US$300 is because Audiocubes (the one e-tailer that actually sold the Japanese RH10 worldwide) no longer has them. Rarity may help you score big, but again depending on what's been mentioned already. Good luck.

uh, yeah, i guess 150 is ok, don't think the dollar price is really relevant, everything is loads more in UK.

is there anywhere else i could sell in UK?

i really like the idea of swapping, but no-one seemed interested, i proper want a silver rh1.

where the cheapest to buy from if im in the UK?

uh, yeah, i guess 150 is ok, don't think the dollar price is really relevant, everything is loads more in UK.

is there anywhere else i could sell in UK?

i really like the idea of swapping, but no-one seemed interested, i proper want a silver rh1.

where the cheapest to buy from if im in the UK?

We're not saying to look at US dollars versus British pounds, although 150 is already over US$250 (www.xe.com), but rather to use it as a reference point as to how much your RH10 will go for (the intent of you starting this thread) or where you should set your reserve. Please think outside that British box.

If you're looking where to buy the RH1 in the UK, there are already some threads discussing this topic.