Atrac3plus 256kbps...

Rate this topic

danielbb90

Just tried atrac3plus 256kbps... :mellow:

Why have I been using 64kbps?

It sounds GREAT!!!!!

Just it does use alot of space and power!!

I don't dare try to use the 352kbps...

I dread to think the amount of space and power that will use!!!

Can anyone tell me the lifespan of the MZ-NH1's battery with 352kbps?

the NH1 will also be able to use 192kbps and this is pretty good as well and a bit smaller than HiSP

unfortunately only accessible through SS (not SB) but it could be a good alternative

192kbps is absolutely brill for saving space but keeping quality. So far, I've got 8/9 albums on a 1GB disc at 192kbps ripped from CD, and I still have 40% of space left. Very impressed so far coming back to MD and being a HiMD virgin, lol.

wow, I've gotta check that skradg... I had almost convinced myself the hassle of going through SS was worth the bit of extra space... still, if it diminishes SQ notably I won't!

just cause of the ease of use I'm strictly using SB for PC -> MD (SS is an upload only tool for me) and therefore I'm currently only using HiSP (256) and LP2 (132) as well... even though I rarely use the latter as I think I can hear too much difference (still good for a couple of quick old-reformatted 80 min discs though :P )

Edited by The Low Volta

The only problem I have is that the 256kbps sometimes leaves me in the 74(80)min discs with a couple of minuets cut off the end...

and 192 leaves me with LOADS of space useless left on the disc...

I don't like splitting discs, do you know if there is a solution?

The only problem I have is that the 256kbps sometimes leaves me in the 74(80)min discs with a couple of minuets cut off the end...

and 192 leaves me with LOADS of space useless left on the disc...

I don't like splitting discs, do you know if there is a solution?

Assuming the discs don't have to be gapless, what you can do is transfer (or try to transfer) all tracks at 256 and if the last one or two don't fit on, re-rip them at 192. Could take a bit longer I know...

Thanks for the infomation...

I mainly use my Minidisc player for travel and you can't tell the quality...

I kinda am thinking that that extra space and less power would be a useless waste?

Right, anyway when I'm at home, well with my laptop I use high-quality MP3's (VBR)...

I guess 64 seems reasonable for that - thinking about it so does 48! :lol: