Silver NH3D

Rate this topic

You would get a fair idea of the silver NH3D by reducing the colour on Jaylen's pictorial to grey.

This one is from AudioCubes. Ordered 6June and picked up at PostOffice 15June which is a pretty good Japan to Australia service.

Here is AudioCubes Customs Declaration where they'd ticked "gift" and noted the contents as audio accessories $50 (which helps avoid import duties but could cause problems if trying to claim insurance if it got lost?)

post-10105-1150524598_thumb.jpg

The box looks a bit old. Came with long and short USB cables. Standard earphones with an earphone extension cord. A 100v adaptor & no 1GB HiMD disc (all my other HiMD came with a blank) :( A bunch of all Japanese manuals on really thin paper.

post-10105-1150524809_thumb.jpg

Here are is a comparison between the DH10P, NH3D & NH900 in a homage to Bland's pictorials.

I haven't a clue who the figure is; my wife found it somewhere in Haymarket/Chinatown.

post-10105-1150524934_thumb.jpg

NH3D my latest Walkman with my first NW-20.

post-10105-1150525193_thumb.jpg

NH3 with RM-MC40ELK remote which came displaying Japanese characters. Used Ishi's RH10 instructions at T-board to change to English.

post-10105-1150525279_thumb.jpg

USB connection on the bottom of the player with lots of Japanese writing.

post-10105-1150525594_thumb.jpg

The Controls

post-10105-1150525724_thumb.jpg

The NH3D is a lot thinner than the NHF800. The silver plastic on the NHF800 is a similar colour to the NH3Ds metal.

post-10105-1150525850_thumb.jpg

Edited by richyhu
re-arranged attachments after IPB 2.2 upgrade

nice pics... and that manga'ish figurine is from pokemon IIRC (good spoof though bogon)

thanks TLV and Richyhu,

The pictures weren't as sharp as I'd have liked as I could not get the light quite right.

The little yellow creature at her knees made me think of FinalFantasy for some reason, Pokemon never occurred to me. Better brush up on my manga.

Edited by bogon07

Here is AudioCubes Customs Declaration where they'd ticked "gift" and noted the contents as audio accessories $50 (which helps avoid import duties but could cause problems if trying to claim insurance if it got lost?)

:lol: man, I did the same thing when I order the EH1 from PriceJapan, I asked them to reduced the price by half. I could ask them to state a lower price but I didnt want to jeopardy my device :ok:

After seeing these pictures, I feel that the EH1 and NH3D are made of the same material. The metal in your NH3D pictures look exactly like my EH1.

Told you so - lol. EH1<-->NH3D and NH1<-->N1, body constructionally-speaking.

The silver NH3D's charging stand must be the same one that comes with the silver NH1 (since both my charging stands say "xx-NH1" on them, too). Nice pics, bogon, and I agree that the NH3D is relatively difficult to capture in photographs. Your collection of HD digital amped units is looking good.

Yup Jaylen, you certainly did. Actually, I had assumed you were correct, and my NH3D almost sealed the deal on my opinion, but seeing these pictures has totally confirmed my opinion. The EH1 and NH3D are made of the same materials, most likely aluminum rather than the NH1's magnesium body.

Told you so - lol. EH1<-->NH3D and NH1<-->N1, body constructionally-speaking.

The silver NH3D's charging stand must be the same one that comes with the silver NH1 (since both my charging stands say "xx-NH1" on them, too). Nice pics, bogon, and I agree that the NH3D is relatively difficult to capture in photographs. Your collection of HD digital amped units is looking good.

Yes, the stand has NH1 on the bottom too. The plastic on it is the 'standard' silver not the darker silver of the NH600 or NHF800 which is a closer match to the unit's colour.

Some times NH3D looks a lot lighter in photos or has a slight purplish tinge (I don't think it is due to chromatic abberations with the camera either) similarly to the EH1.

I didn't ask AudioCubes to put the lower price on the Customs Declaration but it is something to remember when ordering from overseas.

Haven't tested any of the USB cables yet. The short one is very short due it having several of those silly clamp filters. I'll probably keep the cables as spares in case I roll over one with my chair.

The darker blue backlight on the MC40 remote doesn't seem as easy to read as the turquiose blue of the MC35 or 38. And I keep wanting to use the jog roller to change the volume.

I think the 40ELK's blue is not as bright, too, but I was coming off of that bright turquoise of my 33EL and Sharp remotes. Having that multi-line display is really nice. I also put a PDA screen protector on it. I mainly use the short cord with mine and yeah, it's pretty short, but it's the perfect length for plugging into any of my 4 USB ports. I found the long cord's excess a teeny bit of a hassle/inconvenience.

I think the 40ELK's blue is not as bright, too, but I was coming off of that bright turquoise of my 33EL and Sharp remotes. Having that multi-line display is really nice. I also put a PDA screen protector on it. I mainly use the short cord with mine and yeah, it's pretty short, but it's the perfect length for plugging into any of my 4 USB ports. I found the long cord's excess a teeny bit of a hassle/inconvenience.

The backlight on the MC33-M38 is very bright and clear so the MC40 looks a little dull in low light conditions. Multi-line display is really nice but a cerain angles it shows faint ultra-thin across the plastic which did not have a clear cling protector across it like the 33 & 38 did so I may do as you suggest and invest in a PDA screen protector.

I can imagine that the short USB cord will be best when I use the NH3D with a laptop. Haven't untied the long one yet; it looks about 6 foot long.