Sony mz nh900 battery box

Rate this topic

zaphod37

Hello,

I would like to ask your advice, I have had my Sony nh900 for a while now, and I have no complaints, its a good unit.

However, recently the gum-stick battery has been lacking in power and not lasting very long, so I started using the external battery box that came with the unit, with a Duracell battery installed, it was very good.

I lost the battery box a few weeks ago, and searched for a replacement, I found one on EBay from America, he was only charging a few pounds for the box so I purchased it from him.

I am apprehensive about using this box in case the voltage or polarity is different and I damage the MD unit.

Can anyone give me some advice as to weather it will be OK to try or not.

Cheers people.

Mark

Only certain battery boxes will work with the NH900, I don't know the full list, but basically the one for the MDLP/NetMD generation Sony MZ-R900, N1, N910 and a few others plus of course the one for the NH900 will be fine. Earlier battery cases and those for the second generatuon of Hi-MD (RH10,RH910) won't fit. You'd best check before buying...

I have a number of MD units, and there are certainly some variations with battery box connections.

However, my experience is that "if it fits, it's fine to use".

Some of the contact spacings are subtly different, and whereas you would swear they were the same, when you actually try to connect them they don't!

You have to make sure you get the battery in the right way round of course!

Thanks for the replys folks, the battery box that I got off ebay dont work, so any sugestions as to where I can get one?

I have also just purchased a gumstick battery and the player is back to full strength, I would like a battery box to extend the usage time though.

Mark

Edited by zaphod37

Thanks for the replys folks, the battery box that I got off ebay dont work, so any sugestions as to where I can get one?

I have also just purchased a gumstick battery and the player is back to full strength, I would like a battery box to extend the usage time though.

Mark

Unfortunately, I think eBay is your best (and probably your only) bet. I saw one the other day, actually (for the MZ-NH900). Set up an alert so you'll get notified when one posts.

Edited by mmp64