RH1 release news for USA

Rate this topic

alrose312

I managed to order one today for $359.85 but that's in Canadian $$. and its $310.77 American $$. And its a nice Black One :D

I talked to the guy on the phone n he had said that they are getting VERY limited amounts in, and they have 2 shipments of them coming in. The first shipment comes in on Friday then the next on Monday , n he had told me that the first shipment had already sold out.

I had told the guy that I cant pay with my Credit card since its maXed out so I told him id send a Money Order today n they will have it by friday, so the guy had told me that he would keep one for me n it will get shipped out on Tuesday :D

Saw the rh1 pre order on this site while browsing says it is arriving June 30th

for the US check it out

http://www.minidisco.com/mz-rh1.html

Nice.

Their site shows the black one, but I'm wondering if it will actually be silver.

From what I understand so far, the US models are RH1 (silver) & M200 (black).

Identical except for price and the bundled mic for the M200.

When I asked him what was going on, he mentioned that they still haven't decided how they want to market the minidisc yet.

You mean, Sony actually has plans to market the minidisc? Any kind of marketing at all would be a plus.

I'm confused:

I checked the mindisco site and they mention that hi-lp, and hi-sp recordings can only be uploaded if they are recorded on the RH-1. Is that accurate? I was under the impression that you could upload any legacy discs--including mono. Have I missed some info somewhere?

- the uploading limit for HiLP and HiSP refers to mac-uploading ability

- uploading legacy recordings (LP2, SP and mono etc) are PC-only (IIRC)

as the RH1 can do so many things it is hard not to confuse stuff... but please, read and believe the reviews here (and the very thorough one by mark and rich at minidisc.nl) and not the stupid (even with great e-tailers, sorry guys) product pages as they really don't know what they are talking about! The Belgian Sony site still states the RH1 as using both a LiIon and a NiMH gumstick-battery and having an AA-addon as well... I'm looking at my Belgian RH1 and ... sorry guys, but just LiIon :lol:

Just to update everyone. I checked my RH1 pre-order with SoundProfessionals (originally ordered it 05/22/06) and it appears that my RH1 is scheduled for delivery tomorrow! A black unit to boot!

Perhaps I will be among the first in the states to receive the RH1. B)

Edited by raintheory

Just to update everyone. I checked my RH1 pre-order with SoundProfessionals (originally ordered it 05/22/06) and it appears that my RH1 is scheduled for delivery tomorrow! A black unit to boot!

Perhaps I will be among the first in the states to receive the RH1. B)

You and 60+ others. B)

Today I called SP to place an order for a RH1 also. Sound professionals told me that they have enough stock to meed the pre-order demand. Non pre-orders will be on old hold until another shipment arrives later this week. Man I can't until mine arrives. I will finally be able to upload all my original NetMD recordings(60+ 74-80 minute discs). ^_^

Edited by jrv2kgt-s

You and 60+ others. B)

Today I called SP to place an order for a RH1 also. Sound professionals told me that they have enough stock to meed the pre-order demand. Non pre-orders will be on old hold until another shipment arrives later this week. Man I can't until mine arrives. I will finally be able to upload all my original NetMD recordings(60+ 74-80 minute discs). ^_^

Ah, I'm of such little faith. I came so close to pre-ordering an RH1 from SP but couldn't pull the trigger without knowing for sure the color. Before they got their shipment in they seemed sure the RH1 would be silver so I went the MDC route... oh well-- just means i wait a few days longer than the rest of you lucky people and don't get the free mic :P

You and 60+ others. B)

Interesting.. they told me they got 30 in, and my sorta-pre-order (placed last Wednesday or so) missed the first shipment of units and would wait til later in the week when they got new stock on Wednesday or Thursday. I guess it doesn't matter, I got in at the $299 price with a free mic, it's worth a little bit of a wait.

I am really looking forward to it!

Interesting.. they told me they got 30 in, and my sorta-pre-order (placed last Wednesday or so) missed the first shipment of units and would wait til later in the week when they got new stock on Wednesday or Thursday. I guess it doesn't matter, I got in at the $299 price with a free mic, it's worth a little bit of a wait.

I am really looking forward to it!

interesting indeed... I guess he gave one of us a estimate of units ordered. Like you, I hope it ships out on wed or thurs when the new shipment comes in. B)

Sound Professionals just called me (I asked them to call so I could change shipment method if they came in this week) and said my RH1 will be shipping tomorrow. I upgraded to 2nd day air (from ground) to get it by Monday. I would've liked to go overnight but I had to balance my need for instant gratification versus being insane. (I couldn't guarantee someone would be home all day to get the shipment! That'd really suck to miss it after paying extra for overnight!) It was only $10 extra, and since I am in CA and they're in NJ, ground would take a week or more.. seemed like a good upgrade.

My order was placed the night of 6/19, if anyone is keeping track.

So their second shipment seems to be getting ready to go. :):ok:

Edited by Justin42

One hour ago I received (in my hot little hands :P ) a black RH1 from onecall.com. I had just ordered it yesterday. So yes, they are finally shipping.

A side note: Frankly, I'm blown away by the quality and design. It's superior to my RH10 and RH910s in every way. I've also spent the last few weeks listening to my 5G *Pod (don't ask) and when it comes to musical sounds there's just no comparison...

I'm looking forward to making great recordings. My MT is going back in a fire-proof case.

Cheers

:D

Hello there,

I am from the UK, and due to lack of stock here, I am tempted to get one from the USA. I wondered if the only difference is the headphone output level. I'm not sure if this is also true, but I heard that the UK version doesn't feature a blank disc and carry case as the USA versions do. Another major point is warranty. I'm guessing that I wouldn't be able to walk into a Sony UK shop with an american model for repairs?