USB thumb drive

Rate this topic

cityofmiami

On Kurisu's post about the SS3.4 download it says:

Today I introduce to you Sonicstage 3.4 - the full version, with Simple Burner 2, and a few other bug fixes recognized by the community to deliver the best possible Sonicstage experience. Throw this on a Hi-MD disc, usb thumbdrive, etc. and you can now use Sonicstage anywhere, anytime.

Does this mean that then SS can be used on a host computer without installation? How would that work? Connect my RH910 to one usb port and the thumb drive to the other?

Thank you for putting this download on the forum - it was exactly what I needed as the recorder came with 3.0. It worked like a charm once I got access to an appropriate computer.

Yes, Stuge is correct.

Also, for the standard installation you need an internet connection. So anyone with dial-up or no connection at all is pretty much screwed.

The full installer lets you install on a computer without the need for an internet connection (via USB drive, etc).

Edited by raintheory

Thanks for the clarification.

So can I buy a thumb drive, download the SonicStage 3.4 onto it, use that on a(nother) host computer to transfer from HiMD and save the WAV backup files back onto the thumbdrive rather than onto the hard disc. Can Audacity go onto that thumbdrive also? I haven't ventured into that realm yet.

I haven't had a problem (knockknock) with uploading files with SS3.4 from HiMD that I have already added and deleted track marks. However, the program wants to change the order of the tracks for some reason and I have to be careful about that when converting for burning.

You'd still have to install 3.4 onto the other computer. The MDCF file is a full installer.

A USB drive is just another drive in Windows, so you can save files onto it or edit them. But .wav files get large--much larger than the Hi-SP files. The biggest thumb drives I've seen are 2GB. Also, I don't know if SonicStage needs hard-drive space during the conversion.

How is SonicStage changing the order of tracks? Are they titled or untitled?

Some tracks I gave specific titles on the MD, others not.

After the data has been uploaded, when I drag the files over to the right side for cd burning the computer rearranges some of the tracks in no preceivable order. At first I thought it might be because I had added and deleted track marks and done minor editing on the MD, but it also did on a group that was untouched. So I have to investigate and drag them over in the order I recorded them and it's OK.

It's operas that I'm recording and each one takes about 1 giga of .WAV so thumbdrive would be impractical cost-wise. Anyway, it's working perfectly for my purposed. BTW the Sound Professional cardioid stealth microphones (one over each ear)I bought make amazing recordings. Really really good.

Thanks to all.

Edited by cityofmiami