Australians Can Pre-Order MZ-RH1

Christopher

Also Video World in Adelaide are offering preorders... No final price on their website (room for haggling?) I've rung them and got them down from $599 to $490 with a bonus 1gb disc.

See what you can get done for you (mention the minidisc community forums - it cant hurt). all their details are on their Website

People have been caught out before with imported units having to be sent back overseas (at their cost) for any warranty work. All these units come with a full 12 mth warranty serviced by Sony Australia in any Australian capital city.

Stock due July 1.

Cheers

Broox

People have been caught out before with imported units having to be sent back overseas (at their cost) for any warranty work. All these units come with a full 12 mth warranty serviced by Sony Australia in any Australian capital city.

Just to clarify.

These units are not grey imports

They all come with Sony Australia warranty.

broox, why bother with haggling when MD Australia is offering the unit for $470AUD, no hassle.

i guess thats there all the time price, not just preorders... everybody likes to get the best price, i'll give them a call. and haggling is fun, lol !

What do we know about this tidbit from the Sony AU website: "3-Line Remote (With Backlight)"? Thought the standard RH1 remote was a one-liner?

This is the biggest mystery at this stage.

Our intial spec sheet from Sony said "Remote" without any detail of it being a LCD remote or a crappy remote, now their website says 3 line remote.

When we get the stock I will confirm it for you guys, unless someone beats me to it of course :)

Ozpeter,

Send me a pm with your order number :)

Cheers from me too! "Class Act" is a good description. This will be my third MD purchase from Minidisc Australia and if Sony can be persuaded to introduce further cool models in the future, I shall happily place a further order there!

I'd order some more HI-MD disks but I've still got a box in their wrappers... they hold so much music!!

The "3 line remote" thing was mentioned incorrectly on other Sony sites, wasn't it? Sony Australia probably just posted what they were given without checking, perhaps. Heck, I've got two of them already - no more, no more!

(Don't ask me to sell, though - spares are good).

Called them thismorning, strait up got told $465 with a 1gb disk! and i can pick one up tues 4 july! finally put my money down ... not even 2 weeks to go, man i've been waiting years for this unit

cheers to these forums for all the info on the RH1 - hope it stays in production 4 a very long time!

Broox

(i'll let u know how sexy it really is when i finally get my mits on one! mmm black... shiny...)

Cheers from me too! "Class Act" is a good description. This will be my third MD purchase from Minidisc Australia and if Sony can be persuaded to introduce further cool models in the future, I shall happily place a further order there!

I'd order some more HI-MD disks but I've still got a box in their wrappers... they hold so much music!!

The "3 line remote" thing was mentioned incorrectly on other Sony sites, wasn't it? Sony Australia probably just posted what they were given without checking, perhaps. Heck, I've got two of them already - no more, no more!

(Don't ask me to sell, though - spares are good).

So that being said, hypothetically speaking if the RH1 doesnt come with a 3 line remote, what are the chances that it will still support one fully? Gah I hate all this waiting!

please search for and read the full review by Mark and Richyu (in English at minidisc.nl and linked to through our forums here) as it explains exactly what works/doesn't work with the 3-line RM-MC40ELK remote

further there are other countries that already have the RH1 and a lot of ppl have already tested this themselves (like me)... everything works, except the 3-line display of names/titles of track, album, artist etc at once (which only worked for 1st gen HiMD, even 2nd gen couldn't do this so nothing 'new' there)

this thread is very useful for updates on the RH1 AND Australia... but if you are interested in all the functions/features/specs/reviews/... of the RH1 you just have to venture outside the threads of the countries still waiting for it to arrive and you'll see a lot of the answers are already given :lol:

Looks like our previous reports of no further MD releases in Australia is hogwash

Chris, with all due respect - I am mildly offended by your post, as this is no doubt in reference to my post from months ago when I reported that Sony Australia had dumped minidisc.

Now what I said then is still as true as it was when I posted, and I risked my job with what was then confidential internal information, to let you guys know what was happening, to put pressure on my employers to reverse their decision. I dont know why they eventually reverted, but please don't disregard my posts because they did. This was a very, very real situation, and you dont have any idea how close we came to not getting this model.

Please be more careful in the future, otherwise you might see people like me no longer do what we can to help - and rest assured there are others that care about the company, and the future of Minidisc.

Z.

Edited by Zathura

Our information about Minidisc no longer being released in Australia wasn't based solely upon your words; I have other Sony contacts in Australia and I discussed the matter with them as well and they had given me the same caliber of information, if not more. When I said it was hogwash, I meant that we (the informed) misjudged the situation, and we got alot of people in a tiff..it wasn't a shot at you, or my other contacts. It's not good ethics to lead people in one direction and tell them that things will not change, only for it to do so later. It looks bad for everyone involved; we collectively made a mistake by speaking so authoratively.

p.s. If further discussion is necessary, let's speak via PM/IM.

information can change, at the time that was correct.

'no plan survives first contact with the enemy' as moltke said.

or as gift of gab said 'things done change'

No prob guys :)

Update:

Looks like we may have our first shipment as early as late next week!!!

The 2nd shipment is around 2 weeks after that but only a small number will be in that shipment.

The 1st shipment is just about sold out, so if you are on the fence act now!

p.s We havent updated the dates on our website just in case Sony does a back flip on us

Looks like our previous reports of no further MD releases in Australia is hogwash

in view of the discussion above, I suggest that the wording be changed to reflect the goodwill, research etc leading to the "no further MD releases" announcement, and our relief that Sony have turned the tap on again

How about sayng "Fortunately Sony Australia are continuing to release MD, notwithstanding former reports that there were to be no more for Australia"

I've orderd my RH1 from MiniDisc Australia

Now we want Sony to produce some hiMD decks

thanks for the wonderful service of the forum and minidisc.org

The RH1 has now finally shown up on the Sony Australia site

http://www.sony.com.au/walkman/catalog/pro...ategoryId=34288

"MINI DISC AUDIO RECORDER MZRH1 $599.00AUD

The MiniDisc is back in Australia!

With original sound recording and playback, those looking for a portable, high-performance recorder need look no further! The latest incarnation of the Hi-MD MiniDisc Walkman is dubbed as the premiere compact recording studio.

The MZRH1 features premium audio technologies that only appear on high-end models such as HD Digital Amplifier for crystal clear audio reproduction. On top of that, you can record in CD-quality sound.

For those who have been fans of previous MiniDisc technologies before, the MZRH1 can be used to upload conventional MD recordings to the PC, and even get available track information for them automatically - essentially adding them to your digital music library.

With many different modes of recording available, MiniDisc suits all types of users from musicians, journalists, students and just lovers of high quality audio.

Consider the MZRH1 if you're serious about your sound recording."

This what happens when you try to order it:

Product availability alert

We're sorry - one of your requested products is out of stock. It will be available on Tue, 25 Jul, 2006. You can choose to add the product to the cart, or be emailed when it is available

hey everyone i got my rh1 yesterday!!

man its soooo light and sexy too...

To clear up something re the supplied remote... it is the RM-MC38EL (black in colour and backlit)i am stoked!

still a bit dissapointed bout it not having the extra dry cell batt pack, but I will live for now.

thanx for all the info on these forums.

regards

Broox

My RH1 turned up yesterday 06July thanks to Minidisc Australia.

Looks great and is more compact than I expected.

One difference from all my other Minidisc units is that it doesn't have a rubber cover over the USB port.

:D yeah that usb thing was one of the first things i noticed too...

o/t hey any one worked out how to rig up a bunch of batteries and usb connector to power this bessie while im out in the "field" and away from 240v... i remember some talk of this a whle back someone saying it wasgonna b easy...? any help muchly appreciated :D

Broox

:D:D:D

(cant stop grinning like a fool!)

:D

Pity the RH1 didn't have a AA battery add-on like the NH900.

The lazy option is to just buy another battery but they're so damm expensive or get another minidisc (eg NH1) that uses one too.

Sorry for the guys that missed out.

What had happen was that Sony changed the dates and availability on us. We were meant to receive a whole lot more last week and be able to fulfil most of the back orders, but because Sony only supplied us with a very small amount we couldnt get most of our orders out :(

The next shipment is due in around 2 weeks, this should contain most of the units of our July order with Sony but then again, Sony could change the dates again. Fingers cross they dont.

robo11.

Sony will have more units available for around a year, the only thing is that there are very little numbers coming in so they may be hard to get your hands on. Right now I doubt you will see these in many stores at least for a few months.

I picked mine up at Go Audio in Melbourne Central yesterday. They have stock! Marked for $599 and boy, were they dark about matching Sefu's price!

Still haven't had a good play with the unit yet, looking forward to taking it out for a bit of live recording over the coming weeks. Shame it doesn't have advanced lossless support (although there's a FW version item on the menu so maybe they'll give us a firmware update?)

Has Sony pulled their finger out yet? Still an agonising wait. Are the July Pre-orders going to be filled in August?

We are expecting some stock next week which will hopefully get rid of most of our back orders.

All new orders from yesturday onwards will be allocated for our August Stock.

does this only charge the mzrh1 or run it also? ty

don't know i've only used it for my camera & a friend's ipod photo. should work on anything that can recharge over usb

no doubt it will cahrge it.. i want to build something that will aallow me to use it in the field not relying on the lithium battery.. i want mega field power. but unsure if it will allow the rh1 to be on & use power from the aa batts. guess i can guinna pig myself... not too expensive to build. cool...

We are expecting some stock next week which will hopefully get rid of most of our back orders.

All new orders from yesturday onwards will be allocated for our August Stock.

Cool, so I can possibly expect my order to get filled around July 24th-ish. I guess it's all on Sonys end to deliver its promised shipments.

It looks like we receive some stock at the end of the week.

Robo11 and R.porter, you guys have been allocated stock from this load.

Sony has been doing a lot of number and date shuffling, its a bit of a pain but not much I can do :(