Shure Thing

Rate this topic

A440

I recently was looking for a new pair of Shure E4--the best in-ear phones I've ever heard--and Google directed me to this place:

http://www.dbuys.com/product/?9758&cart_id=9837596

$177 instead of the $299 list price most people charge--think about that markup!--with no tax, and free shipping which was not some slow ground carrier but overnight Fed Ex.

Never heard of dbuys before, but if you're looking for those phones, highly recommended. Those are dark gray, not the Ipod-white E4c.

Too bad they only sell one MD unit, the DH10 (at a very high price).

Never heard of dbuys before

Wow, good find. I've actually bought from Dbuys before, but it was a long time ago (got my brother's 4G iPod from them 2-3 Christmases ago at about 20% less than other e-stores were selling it and they also gave free shipping). I had no problems with them and they were quick to answer any questions I had.

Hrrrmph. Would love to try a pair of E4's, but I just (today) flittered away the last of my play money on an RH1 from Sound Professionals.

I thought I had read in one of the RH1 threads that it reportedly had better bass response than the NH900, which I currently use with Shure E3's. Will see (very soon :D ) if there's a difference.

Every bit of extra bass helps with E3s, though I've seen them be very bass friendly at one track only to be very bass shy on the next (all on a same DAP with no EQ, go figure).

At anyrate, check w/ the usual suspects like Bizrate.com amongst others, and use a Credit Card just in case things go wrong.