MZ-N10 problem

Rate this topic

Jef

Hello,

yesterday I used my MZ-N10 for the first time with Sonicstage 1.5 (AE). Everything went fine (I loaded a CD and put it on MD). When I closed the application and disconnected my MD from my laptop (XP home), the window on the MD-player shows PC>>MD, and when I connect it again, Sonicstage tells me "the device is not connected". It is now impossible to play MD's unless my player is connected to my laptop, because it seems to have the wrong idea of being connected when it is not and vice versa.

Can someone please help me to solve this? I already tried turning the battery off, reinstalling Sonicstage, but the problem seems to be with the MD-player software...

Many thanks

try not only turning the battery off, but removing it and waiting a couple of minutes, then reinserting and powering up... that should reset an MD

as for SS and NetMD:

- please do upggrade to SS4.0 (can be found for free at the Sony site or here in the downloads section)

- to disconnect safely you need to press stop on the MD so it flashes 'disconnect ok' or 'safe to disconnect' or something alike on the MD-display or close SS/SB and then use the 'safe disconnect' service in XP (the green arrow in the bar at the bottom of your screen next to the time-display) but never just unplug it

The n10 cell, lip-3wm, is internal so pulling it out requires opening the machine instead of just a battery door,

As far as I can tell without looking at the schematic diagram of the circuit, switching the switch to "Built-in Battery - OFF" effectively removes the battery from the circuit.

I suppose it is possible that the internal battery is playing up (if otherwise exhibits a "normal" life, and takes a decent charge when connected to the charger, then it is more than likely OK), which may give strange results.

Best of luck ...

Edited by Mr_Bass_Man

yes, you are right MBM, switching the battery off does completely remove it from the circuit...just did it and now I have to reset the internal clock. Since Mavame mentioned he had done that already I did not want him to think that taking the case apart to remove the cell would be any different. Spose I could have worded it different...

Hello,

when I loaded SS1.5 my MD was not connected, so that couldn't cause the problem. I was away for the weekend and when I switched the MD back on, it was functioning normally (thanks already).

However, I loaded SS4.0 and the problem persists: I switch on my laptop and plug in the USB of my MD and ... nothing happens. I do not get a "new hardware detected" message etc. (although installation of SS4.0 was succesful) and according to the help file I should look at "other devices" in my device manager, but there is no such category. Also, I can not use the "safely remove hardware" because it doesn't show the device.

When I unplug it, again the MD>>PC sign is there again and disappears when I plug in again.

Could you please give me any other advice???

thanks

However, I loaded SS4.0 and the problem persists: I switch on my laptop and plug in the USB of my MD and ... nothing happens. I do not get a "new hardware detected" message etc. (although installation of SS4.0 was succesful) and according to the help file I should look at "other devices" in my device manager, but there is no such category. Also, I can not use the "safely remove hardware" because it doesn't show the device.

When I unplug it, again the MD>>PC sign is there again and disappears when I plug in again.

Could you please give me any other advice???

thanks

I also have the same problem. My MZ-N910 would show the MD>PC sign on the display but Windows XP can't recognise the device and I don't have any idea on how to fix it at all. I have downloaded and installed the MD drivers but that has not resolved the situation either. If anyone has fixed this issue, can they please post a detailed how to fix it guide?

Edited by smoulda