MZ-M200 Video Review

Christopher

correct me if im wrong, but since this is the rhi in sheeps clothing, and other than getting the mic and earbuds (i already have the 35elk remote), is there any other reason(s) to get the m200? the sony guy in the video mentioned some small features to the m2 (true overload marks, etc), are these not present on the rh1?

I've posted some information on the MZ-M200 to my Web site, including the PDF instruction sheet for Sony's new Mac upload software and links to a Sony Professional brochure highlighting the recorder's features.

Best,

Dale

<http://home.earthlink.net/~mac-minidisc/>

The only problem I see with this (and the RH1), is the screen.

If sony are so insistent on using a (ridiculously arranged) menu, then you need a bigger screen. Imagine if they'd slapped the screen from the RH10 onto the top of the RH1.

The frustrating thing with Sony is with their products, they never release one that has all the feature highlights from the previous years / generations. There's always a brilliant feature that's only on one model, but not the others.

Full USB charging though, that sounds pretty good - is that present in the RH1 too?

The 'limited' USB charging of the RH10 which gets it up to 80% charge is great but a 100% charge would be awesome. I carry enough power adaptors and chargers with me when I travel!!

Now what we need to start seeing is standardised power sockets on planes / trains / airports / cafes / cars - which are just USB connections but designed for charging only.

But that will never happen. :(