Playing exported tracks on another computer or "good bye SONY"...

Rate this topic

Sevkatia

Well, it turns out that you CAN NOT play your tracks on different computer at all...

And it does not matter what recorder did you use - I have RH10, RH910, and, as it turned out, completely useless in this matter RH1. Yes, you can download SP or LP2 tracks with it. But what's next? I spent a lot of hours transferring my OWN! recordings (done in SP, LP2 and HI-SP) at work machine (it worked flawlessly) then I burned a CD with those tracks. All that just to learn that SonicStage (3.4 or CP, - used both) WILL NOT PLAY THEM on another machine! It trying to download a "license" informatin from Internet (and guess what - there is none available there), then it says: "Can not load the rights information for this track" (but of course!). So I spent hours and hours downloading my own tracks, lost few discs of my own work because I was stupid enough to erase them after making sure that all tracks are playing fine, just to find out that they are not usable on any machine except the one I used to download to!

(And yes, rights management was turned off).

Enough is enough. Good bye SONY and F-you. I'm geting rid of all of your handicapped MD recorders - which I have 9, no less!

I'll NEVER, NEVER buy anything made by you, I'll never go to SONY theater, I'll never buy a single CD produced by SONY label...

It's time to grow up.

Edited by Sevkatia

http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=16088

Follow the steps in this thread to release your files from DRM and they can be played on another computer just fine.

Substitute the ATRAC3+ bitrates mentioned with the cooresponding ATRAC3 (LP2/LP4) bitrates to release your legacy uploads fromk DRM.

Thanks, it worked. It's an odd and akward way, but it worked. Thanks again:)

Does this mean you will once again support the sony regime by buying into their propagandarus schemes?

LOL.

B) That's funny!

I was too emotional over lost time that night, but the answer is still "No". Actually, I never supported SONY music/thaters division; only MiniDisc technology was something I was willing to buy from them. But I might show signs of weakness if a HI-MD deck will appear;)