New Maxell Discs for 2006

Christopher

Maxell Japan announced today that it will release three new MD media series on August 25, 2006. The upcoming release will feature one completely new design – known as the "plain style" – and new updates to its long running "Twinkle" and "COULER" series. +++

The "plain style" series is available only in milky white color scheme; in 80min – 5-pack and 10-pack.

IPB Image

The "Twinkle" series will feature five colors: blue, green, lime, pink and purple; in both 74min and 80min – individual disc, 5-pack and 10-pack.

IPB Image

The "COULER" series comes in five unique stripe design; in both 74min and 80min – 5-pack and 10-pack.

IPB Image

The "plain style," "Twinkle" and "COULER" media will have an expected retail price of 700 yen, 800 yen and 900 yen respectively. Note: expected retail prices are for 5-pack MD media.

I really like the looks of these, the "Plain" looks straight and to the point with a hi-tech look at the same time. I'll definatly buy some when they are released for sale.

Edited by Electricman

This is getting ridiculous. Companies still producing conventional minidiscs!

Why would anyone put their faith in a format, when the old minidiscs are far easier to get hold of - you'd be forgiven for thinking that Hi-MD doesn't exist.

Go on Sony, just give us a reason to stick with Hi-MD and we'll do it :D

Seriously though, these look proper nice. If they we're Hi-MD I'd be all over them. Unfortunately I've got about 400 conventional minidiscs that are sat gathering dust.

Edited by batfastad

I wonder if you could just split the halves of the case take out the disc and replace with hi-md ones. That would be an easy solution, too bad after examining the md it seems difficult.

think someone has done this before in the pictorials or how to do section

• 1 month later...

I wonder if you could just split the halves of the case take out the disc and replace with hi-md ones. That would be an easy solution, too bad after examining the md it seems difficult.

Nope it is very easy to do. I had some pics of the three discs I did, but the pics are long

gone now. I did two Niege discs and one Hello Kitty disc up as HiMD discs. I am getting a bunch of WA discs and plan on changing at least one of them to HiMD.

Val