Anyone here with a 6mo camera? Need some help.

Rate this topic

mercury_in_flames

I was just wondering, My olympus 5mp camera, c50 zoom; when you view the images at 100% on the computer, they are pretty grainy; see uploaded image; thats on max quality setting. Do all camera have images that have that fuzziness about them at best quality setting/max res.?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/gre...er/P7250033.jpg

Although i don't see the grain in this particular picture (it seems to be resized to 1.2 mpix), cameras with small sensors and lots of pixels (smaller pixel size) generally tend to produce more grain in not so well lit situations. Applying noise reduction will cause blur. Professional cameras use larger sensors.

I woulden't say thats much to worry about.. mines way worse! :lol:

I think its the focus - compair some objects in that photo in the distence (like the fence - where you can see the slight grain - to something closer like the table..

Does it have auto focus or is there a switch or setting somewhere?

Auto focus - I think detects the center of the image

Edited by danielbb90

Is that at max zoom or wide angle?

EDIT: Never mind. I just read a review of your camera and it appears that what you see is normal for the optics of your camera.

Optical Distortion: Optical distortion on the C-50 is rather high at the wide-angle end, where I measured approximately 1.05 percent barrel distortion. The telephoto end fared much better, as I found only three pixels of barrel distortion there (about 0.1 percent). Chromatic aberration is moderately high, showing about five or six pixels of coloration on either side of the target lines. (This distortion is visible as a very slight colored fringe around the objects at the edges of the field of view on the resolution target.) With the lens at telephoto, there also seemed to be quite a bit of flare at the boundaries of the dark target elements.

Edited by KrazyIvan

Are you referring to the jagged edges of objects? If so it looks like a poor antialiasing filter in whatever image processing the Olympus does. Oh and you'll be happy with the Canon, DIGIC image processing is some of the best you can get, even in the point and shoot arena.

If you look at the leaves on the trees you can see purple fringing. That is called chromatic abberation. SP? That is normal in a lot of cameras. Especially zoom cameras. The ones with better optics will have less of it.

It is usually the other way around. High ISO's are noisier. Heat can also make an image nosier. If you are using the LCD screen to frame your pics switch to the viewfinder. The LCD actually heats up the back of your CMOS/CCD sensor and causes noise to appear in your pictures. It can also happen if your camera is just hot in general.

Edited by KrazyIvan