Need help! Hi-MD/NetMD question

Rate this topic

whatsleftofj

If I want to play a disc on my E900, how must it be transferred on my HI-MD player? I can format an 80 minute disc as a regular MD in the options on my RH-10, but SonicStage only allows it to be read as Hi-MD or NetMD. I'll just go ahead and assume there's no way to get MDLP, and I'm stuck with only making 80 minute discs for my E900, correct? But if I make it as NetMD, will the E900 read it? Please, any information you can offer would be GREATLY appreciated :huh:

Edited by whatsleftofj

just remember that there is no way to get real SP from PC->MD through USB... the SP SS offers is really rebadged LP2 (and it is even transcoded by the machine as well so it is actually less quality than LP2) so stick with LP2 for transfers and get SP through realtime recording

Awesome. Thank you Zoso, that was exactly the answer I was looking for. All my files are in LP2 on my computer, so it should be okay. I figured it would be alright last night, because I had it formatted as NetMD, and even though it said 80 minutes remaining, I transferred more than that and still had 38 minutes remaining. Cool.

Can't wait for my E900 now :D