BLARGH!

Rate this topic

Syrius

So I am browsing the web late last night, and I find an NH600, used with 5 1gb discs on Eby. For 30 dollars buy it now plus shipping. I buy it, the seller requires immediate payment, and then proceed to Paypal...

Only to find that "We're sorry, we're currently having problems and cannot process your payment. Please try again. Error number blah blah blah."

Now the NH600 is gone. Stupid paypal and their crap. It's their problem, not mine!

I need to kill someone. :(

indeed, I do not like paypal... it simply is a safer way to pay over the internet than giving your credit card data each time but that doesn't mean it is flaw-free (it is a commercial company handling your money and they do ask for fees especially when switching currencies etc)

still, when buying from fleabay etc. I prefer paypal as it gives at least some extra safety

when dealing with ppl I have decent contact with, I'd prefer international money transfers for safety as it is straight from bank->bank without any possibility for unwanted onlookers... but these things do cost as well (pretty steep fees for some countries)

but let's be fair, while each system has its particular problems... it all is still better than the portable headphone preamp I was looking at on almost-for-freebay: it looked very interesting (used but pics looked ok and very very cheap and only for benelux buyers) but then I saw that the seller required you to send the cash in an envelope and he would ship once the cash arrived... yeah right :lol:

indeed, I do not like paypal... it simply is a safer way to pay over the internet than giving your credit card data each time but that doesn't mean it is flaw-free (it is a commercial company handling your money and they do ask for fees especially when switching currencies etc)

still, when buying from fleabay etc. I prefer paypal as it gives at least some extra safety

when dealing with ppl I have decent contact with, I'd prefer international money transfers for safety as it is straight from bank->bank without any possibility for unwanted onlookers... but these things do cost as well (pretty steep fees for some countries)

but let's be fair, while each system has its particular problems... it all is still better than the portable headphone preamp I was looking at on almost-for-freebay: it looked very interesting (used but pics looked ok and very very cheap and only for benelux buyers) but then I saw that the seller required you to send the cash in an envelope and he would ship once the cash arrived... yeah right :lol:

Those cash sellers probably will only get sales from those people who live localy to them.

Edited by danielbb90

well, benelux is pretty local as it stands for three small countries Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg but still, it wasn't local enough to go and meet

the person face-2-face...

I saw this auction quite a while ago when I was looking for an amp to drive my Senn HD497 from my NH900. I ended dropping the amp idea and going for a more efficient pair of phones... But I just thought about it again as I'm currently looking at ebay for a cheap portable amp to drive the Sony D66SL eggos a bit more comfortably

I didn't really look further into the auction at the time but as I think about it now, it might not have been that unsafe after all as you would at least have gotten the seller's real name and address (if not, for instance with a PObox it would have been such a clear scam that no-one would fall for it I guess)

perhaps it was just some young kid (without paypal) not wanting his parents to know about it so prefering cash over tracable bank-transactions :lol:

I saw this auction quite a while ago when I was looking for an amp to drive my Senn HD497 from my NH900. I ended dropping the amp idea and going for a more efficient pair of phones... But I just thought about it again as I'm currently looking at ebay for a cheap portable amp to drive the Sony D66SL eggos a bit more comfortably

don't bother, they really don't need one, very efficient 'phones