Motorola Razr V3i phone charger works for RH1

Rate this topic

1kyle

Good News for people who travel and want to minimize gear they carry

The Motorola charger for those very popular thin Razr V3i type mobile phones work perfectly charging the RH1. The Motorola charger also uses a "Mini USB" type connector.

Both the "Official" and Motorola chargers have a 5V output. (Being USB standard I'd expect the output voltage to be the same anyway).

An advantage also is that the Car charger for the motorola mobile phone also works as well in charging / powering the RH1.

So if you use an RH1 in a car via audio in / Kenwood AUX adapter cable / transmitter or whatever you don't have to worry about power requirements anymore if you have one of these Motorola Razr type mobiles.

Cheers

-K

Edited by 1kyle

Well, hot-damn. I just bought a new black V3 Razr today myself...this phone is slicker than deer guts on a door knob. Now it's even more slicker ( B) ) by virtue of being able to use the same USB -> mini-USB cable to sync and swap files between phone and PC using the Motorola Phone Tools software...saved me $20 by not having to buy another of that particular cable.

Thanks a heap for the tip.

Does it charge like the RH1's "native" charger, giving the countdown timer, or does it charge like it's plugged into a UBS port on the computer (and doesn't countdown)?

Ye'p -- works exactly like the Sony charger -- i.e you get a minutes countdown.

Cheers

-K

Good tip indeed.

But do the USB headphones that come with the phone work with the RH-1 if you connect them to the RH-1 USB socket?

OK, I'm joking....

More seriously, had anyone come across adapters to enable 'normal' headphones to be used with a USB-only phone? But I guess I'm in the wrong forum for that one.

Good tip indeed.

But do the USB headphones that come with the phone work with the RH-1 if you connect them to the RH-1 USB socket?

OK, I'm joking....

More seriously, had anyone come across adapters to enable 'normal' headphones to be used with a USB-only phone? But I guess I'm in the wrong forum for that one.

go to the motorola website in your country and order the miniUSB-> 3.5mm stereo minijack and let me know how it sounds :P I dont think itll improve on the crap sound quality from the stock moto-usb-earbuds when used with e2cs. Im afraid all i'll hear is bloated bass and lots of electronic noises.

• 2 weeks later...