True capacity

Rate this question

joeseptuk

Question

On transfering atrac files to NW-A1000, currently all the folders on my computer is of 4Gb in total. Now I have found out recently my Mp3 player, there are additional files which at the moment are taking up to 1GB of free space. This leave me 5Gb of space for Atrac files at 48kbps.

I am assuming that these additonal files are of the following.

Artist information

Artist link

Top 100

Playlist

Intelligent shuffle

I think if I knew othwer files would take up space, I would have opted for the 20 Gb Harddrive

6 answers to this question

It always better to go for atleast 20gb because we never know when it is needed the most .

Like Right now I`m using my HD3 for Storing purpose only ,Since I`m using my HD5 & E505 for Music.

I have a NW-A1000 too (nowhere near full yet).

So, does anyone know if this additional information can be removed, or can tracks be added without all / some of that stuff?

1GB of info? That sucks if it's true! Sounds ridiculously large - are you sure? Heck, source code for a few hundred line program only takes up a few KBs, let alone MBs or GBs!

ok i wanted to ask about this.. but didnt want to make a thread for it

i have the 20gig player but it only comes up as 18... i know you loose some space on drives etc but 2 gig is a lot and i would have thought they would have taken this into account...

and the firmware couldnt take up that much room either? i dont think its the player as ive had two and they both show up as the same...

On page No .63 of online manual(pdf) of A3000 its written that you will get only 18.2Gb .tHat you can actually use .

*1mb of Sony is equal to 1000kb but Windows Counts 1mb equal to 1024kb.