Hi MD Prices comming down inc RH1

Rate this topic

grf

Hi,

Browsed through Bennetts Electrical in Chelmsford who featured a 'Overstock Clearout' (that has to be a good sign for low minidisc prices)

You can get a MZ-NH700 for 90 GB pounds and I am sure they would barter.

I also saw that Ogormans have a low price on the RH1 at 209 GB Pounds (+pp)

http://www.ogormans.co.uk/minidisc.htm

Best regards

Graham

I've got an RH1 on preorder with ASK. Unfortunately they're still waiting for stock (apparently Sony have pushed back 'a number of' deliveries). Just to add insult to injury, the price has gone up to £229, which now means I'd have been better off picking one up from the Leeds Sony Centre when they still had them in.

Life has this wonderful way of kicking you when you're down. On the plus side, that gives me a few more weeks to save up the money for the MDR, and I can probably afford to replace the broken computer chair too. On the negative side, it's beginning to look very unlikely that I'll have an MZ-RH1 in time to take it with me when I go back to university in September :(

I wonder if Ogormans have any left in stock...

Hi,

Ogormans seems to dispaly the RH1 in stock (other MD are clearly marked out of stock).

I would give them a ring at the number on the 'order on line ' page indicated.

The RH1 is great btw and worth the wait.

Version 3.4 of SS also seems to work faultlessly which is a change....

Best of luck at university, I did electronics, what are you going to do ? Any one sensible enough to choose minidisc over mp3 seems to have their head in the right place.

Best regards

Graham

Edited by grf

Ogormans seems to dispaly the RH1 in stock (other MD are clearly marked out of stock).

I would give them a ring at the number on the 'order on line ' page indicated.

I emailed them - they've "just sold out".

The RH1 is great btw and worth the wait.

I got one of my own from the local Sony Centre (Leeds) this morning. Even got a pair of HiMD discs free with it..

Version 3.4 of SS also seems to work faultlessly which is a change....

Not for me - Connect doesn't like my user account. "Licence is not valid for this software / computer". Fine, I'll keep getting my CDs from HMV and Play.com then, and rip them to MD as I've done before.

Best of luck at university, I did electronics, what are you going to do ? Any one sensible enough to choose minidisc over mp3 seems to have their head in the right place.

I'm doing an MEng in Software Engineering. Good fun actually, and not too difficult. Well, aside from the comp. sci side of things, which is stuffed full with meaty chunks of very messy and nasty maths...

It'll be nice to get the lectures recorded without swapping MDs mid-lecture. 46 hours per disc should be enough to get around 50 lectures recorded.

I've got a drawer full of 80min MDs too. Need to work out how much stuff you can squeeze on to a HiMD-formatted 80min MD though...