Battery Life on the MZ-RH1

Rate this topic

dogville

Dogville, do you think that it is not enough powrful?

I have registered the Puccini "Butterfly" without problem and this Opera is more that 2 hours of music...

An easy solution is that to buy another battery unit and to fit it in MD's bag for every evenience :-)

Dogville, do you think that it is not enough powrful?

I have registered the Puccini "Butterfly" without problem and this Opera is more that 2 hours of music...

An easy solution is that to buy another battery unit and to fit it in MD's bag for every evenience :-)

I wish the original was not that expensive. Whatever it is, I guess I will have to buy another one sooner or later.

thanks ;)

Edited by dogville

Hmmm, the one I linked to above upsets the RH-1 - it's putting out 5.76 volts which perhaps is too high. The mobile phone takes no notice of it either. Makes a good 3LED torch....

Edit: The MintyBoost link above indicates that not all devices like being charged from a battery pack. Maybe that's the problem.

Edited by ozpeter

Hmmm, the one I linked to above upsets the RH-1 - it's putting out 5.76 volts which perhaps is too high. The mobile phone takes no notice of it either. Makes a good 3LED torch....

Edit: The MintyBoost link above indicates that not all devices like being charged from a battery pack. Maybe that's the problem.

i put in an extra resistor suggested on the minty boost site now everything i've tried it on has charged. i don't own an rh1 so it's somewhat off topic

This thread prompted me to look at an external AA battery charger I already own for my Palm T5. It uses exchangeable tips for a multitude of devices, including the Motorola V3 Razr. The charger uses 4 AA batteries and it works great for charging the Palm. The charger unit seems to be the same device, they just supply different tips for each different device it can charge...and you can buy additional tips for other devices you own.

Now, I'll just need to order the additional tip for the V3 Razr for another $5 and I'll be set:

http://www.gomadic.com/motorola-razr-v3-em...y-extender.html

• 3 weeks later...

A data point on portable outboard power for the RH1: Plugged an APC PNoteBX UPB battery box (4 x AAA) into an RH1 with its internal battery almost run down. (After more than 4 hours it still had enough juice to do a save but started displaying the low battery warning when playing.) No effect--as it weren't even there. Swapped out the freshly-charged NiMHs for fresh alkalines, same result. Don't know whether it's a problem with the ACP box or something the RH1 is looking for and not finding--the battery charged fine when its own power supply was on the other end of the USB cable.