FS: black RH1 - 200 euros or 140 pounds

Rate this topic

astranovus

hi there... I personally am not really interested at the moment(I've already got my RH1) but perhaps it could be interesting to describe the situation a bit more (why sell it €100 under the lowest new price?) is it a double, malfunctioning, damaged, sudden cash shortage, has it served its need of uploading legacy discs,...?

i used it for uploading legacy mds.

Astranovus: You have used it for more than uploading legacy MDs. I think your signature at Head-Fi clearly shows that. Being honest and providing more explanation about its use/history will help you get more interested buyers. ;)

(And, no, I'm not interested.)

yes, all of the accessoiries are there, plus an extra battery and 5 hi mds,

the euro cap is slightly quieter than the jap version, 4.5w compared to 5w,

the hack for this is flying around on the net, i didnt bother using it

Astranovus: You have used it for more than uploading legacy MDs. I think your signature at Head-Fi clearly shows that. Being honest and providing more explanation about its use/history will help you get more interested buyers. ;)

(And, no, I'm not interested.)

why are you high-jacking this thread? if you don't want to buy then leave it. i'm not forcing you too.

as i have stated the player is in mint condition.

i've used it in a normal fashion up to now and now that i have uploaded all of my large legacy collection I want to sell it.

what has that got to do with honesty??

It isn't a thread hijack, but more a request for you to step up the honesty level. Plus, someone else has suggested that you explain more of the unit's history and/or function. It was both your portable and home rig and to me, that says it was used for more than just legacy uploading as you previously stated. If you noticed, I'm not the only one who is questioning the low price, which you'll have to admit, does raise doubt as to the working function and mint condition of the unit. My concern is the welfare of MDCF members, not your sale, sir, that is, if you don't withdraw it like you have done twice already on this forum.

Home: Sony MZ-RH1 + Total BitHead + Sennheiser HD-650 (Sweet bliss)

Portable: : Sony MZ-RH1 + AKG K81DJ (Sennheiser CX300)

i used it for uploading legacy mds.

^ This is why it has to do with honesty.

Edit: This is the last I'll say on this matter. Good luck with your sale.

Edited by jaylen

I have to say, after reading through this thread, that the seller has been treated pretty roughly here and I'm disappointed. I'm glad he has managed to sell the unit. The seller simply stated that the main purpose of the unit was to upload legacy MDs, did you expect him not to listen to the unit at all during the time he owned it? Astranovus was at no time being dishonest and it's unfair to question his honesty and motives just because he offers a good price.

I suggest that the buyer of this unit, assuming he is satisfied, start a thread in the appropriate section of the forum to say that he is satisfied with the unit and the seller.

@ jonny,

thanks for your comments.

i was also quite shocked by the negative attitude towards me in the forum.

i have sold the player to a german youngster in the german minidisc forum.

www.minidiscforum.de

i do have to say that people were very nice over there.

in essence mdcf is more knowledable than the german forum but the etiquette in the german forum is top notch, but then again you need to be able to speak german.

after selling the rh1 i think my mini disc ride is over after 9 years, hdd players are just to convenient, especially the transfer speeds.

i've still got some old vintage md players, an old sharp portable recorder and a sony portable player only flying around,

might part with them at some point,

i hope md still remains a niche for years to come and you never know, perhaps the all awaited blu-ray capactiy disk based on mini disc technology might still emerge, revitalising md,

after all sony did employ mini-disc technology in its sony psp umd format.

Astranovus was at no time being dishonest and it's unfair to question his honesty and motives just because he offers a good price.

To me, not telling the entire truth is the same as lying, so I lump them under the heading of "dishonesty." This is a used unit and so a lot of question will be raised as to how the unit has been used - lol. He only stated that it was used to upload legacy and left out that it was both a portable and home rig. I did not expect him to never listen to it, but why did he choose to leave out major details on how he really used it? I know you've seen people on T-Board who have MD units dedicated for uploading/downloading and to me, my understanding is that they never leave the computer's side. That type of unit would be in mint condition compared to something that has seen extensive use like astranovus's. Someone had also PMed me that they had seem some wear on the unit in the pic (although I don't see wear myself).

Sorry if you are disappointed, but doubt will always linger in the classifieds as this forum has had experience with people admitting to passing off malfunctioning units as "like new" or "mint condition." Again, please note that I wasn't the only one questioning this sale (my PM box can tell you the same). I had an N1 that was also in mint condition. I also had the original box and all accessories in mint condition. And, I only used it for downloading. The only thing is that the optical head crapped out. But, you'd never know it just by looking at pics, so more questions do need to be asked if you don't want to be screwed over.

I can sense a thread closing as this unit is already sold. Congrats, astranovus.

your reasonings are rather insulting and hinge on my comment about the legacy uploads.

i have got a lot of legacy mds which i uploaded.

this took some while and i have been using the player as normal until i finished the legacy uploads.

i have written quite a few threads at head-fi on the rh1.

the rh1 has been treat well and has no scratches and if some moron suggests otherwise then he is wrong, if you looked on the pic you would actually see that i have even put a screen protector on the display,

and why the hell would anybody pm you about the condition of my player. any normal buyer would have pmed me for more details.

and there is also the issue of the price,

you think it was low, so there has to be something wrong with it.

just shows you know nothing about economics and prices.

i know what i can charge for a quick sale. i sell a lot of things on amazon with a 100% record, everybody at head-fi is also happy,

so don't go f**king people over, when you have no real facts to support yourself.

suspicion is ok but do it in a nice way, i.e. dear astranovus, you indicated you were using the rh1 for legacy uploads, it has come to my attention that from your head-fi sig that you also used it as a portable, did this cause any wear on the rh1?

instead of:

astranovus you used the player for legacy uploads, so you must have left it besides your pc all day and it's really weird your sig at head-fi says you used it on the run, guess i caught you lying,

bet your trying to f**k us all, plus you have withdrawn the player before

in essence you completely high-jacked my thread and my sale on mcdf. other forums like head-fi would not tolerate thread high-jacks like yours.

my offer was sincere and great value for money, you have prob deprived somebody of a good offer

lol Looks like I hit a big nerve. :( You even had to censor yourself.

Your lack of facts is the reason why I supplied them to this thread. Not that the classifieds always need detailed essays on everything, but at least comment on why you're selling it (Volta's question) and other details covered in sector's questions. Maybe your way is the way they sell things on Head-Fi and Amazon, I don't know. But, the fact that people had questions for you shows that your "ad" was incomplete. I shared what I could and that was your Head-Fi sig, which contradicted with what you originally said in this thread and that compelled me even more to say something. A simple "PM me for details" would've helped out and even prevented me from saying anything at all. But, ah, shoulda, coulda, woulda...

The people who PMed me about your player did so (I'm guessing) because of what I posted about its usage. "I can see wear on the upper left." "Why doesn't he just come clean. You can tell it's seen more than uploading." (Although like I said, I didn't see any wear myself.) No need for name-calling ("moron") and cursing, or is this how they do things at your beloved Head-Fi?

As for my wording, I was to the point and if you felt that it denigrated your "reputation" (lol) on this forum, then that is your own personal issue. Internet forums aren't for the weak-hearted as you will never please everyone and since we're entitled to our own opinions that leaves the floor open to criticism. I'm not going to sugar-coat things if at the time, I feel you're doing something wrong.

As for economics, I never said I was knowledgeable about that subject - lol that's not even the basic problem. I had a problem with the way you advertised your unit; you disagree and can't handle it. I just know what looks fishy to me may not look fishy to you. Have a good day and take care. And please, I'm just another irritating forumer on the web, so feel free to just ignore me and move on.

your reasonings are rather insulting and hinge on my comment about the legacy uploads.

i have got a lot of legacy mds which i uploaded.

this took some while and i have been using the player as normal until i finished the legacy uploads.

so don't go f**king people over, when you have no real facts to support yourself.

suspicion is ok but do it in a nice way, i.e. dear astranovus, you indicated you were using the rh1 for legacy uploads, it has come to my attention that from your head-fi sig that you also used it as a portable, did this cause any wear on the rh1?

bet your trying to f**k us all, plus you have withdrawn the player before

in essence you completely high-jacked my thread and my sale on mcdf. other forums like head-fi would not tolerate thread high-jacks like yours.

my offer was sincere and great value for money, you have prob deprived somebody of a good offer

chill out. everybody.

jaylen may have used harsher language than may have benn required however it was for the common good, not a personal gain of her own. there some discrepancy between merely using it in a cradle for uploads & using it as a portable & uploading in my opinion.

as for the highlighted section that's up to the admin at head-fi, this isn't head-fi.

glad you've sold it & i'm closing the thread, anything else can go through my personal message box please.