The MD that became known as the I-pod killer. heh.

Rate this topic

Hatebreed

To make a long story short its kind funny cuase i work with alot people outdoors and it started out as a joke..i'm the only one that has an MD at work...and my friends I-pod crapped out (shock) and so anyways then another buddy's crapped out and mine outlasted them both and i've had my MD for 3 yrs and so i started calling my MD "IPK" (i-pod killer) and well they all couldnt stand it but couldnt argue it lol.

Anyways we made a bet one day ;) See Chris had a 20gig ipod and it always froze up. And i bet him one day that he couldnt get it working again by the end of the day and if he did i'd give him my MD and if he lost i got his ipod. Well to make a long story short i now own a 20gig ipod player lol.

Thus far its now outlasted a THIRD ipod at work now and a friend of mine finally gave up and purchased an MD after seeing how long mines been chuggin for and gave up on ipods and apple altogether hehe.

Thus was born the Legend of IPK! The little 600HZ that could :D

Grand total of people i know, 7 i-pods dead, one little silver MD still standing :lol:

That is a classic example of the "reliability" of hard-drives, especially used in a portable/on-the-go environment. I can't wait the time we'll have solid-state memory 20GB DAPs. :) Shouldn't be that much longer, considering 8GB nano is coming.

On another note, MD is prone to wear and tear too, especially if you only have 1 unit, and use the unit to record and playback all the time.

HehHeh, i also like hearing stories like this. I had a friend say that his friend's father had a first gen ipod still chugging and the battery life is still the same (right). Either the father never ever used the ipod and just uses it like the paper weight it is (oh, shiiiiz i just almost dropped my RH1.....anyways) or he had the overpriced battery replaced. Also i know a few people who snapped their Nanos right in half (haha thats what you get for making something so thin out of plastic). Just wanted to share something even though the first gen ipod is most likely dead.

i have an rh10.. a mz n10... an iaudio x5l and an ipod nano 1 gb...

the easiest to carry while walking, jogging, going to work is the nano..hasnt broken after some serious usage as well.. the rh10 records beautifully, the x5l has incredible sound.. but the nano tops in usability and simplicity....

i have an rh10.. a mz n10... an iaudio x5l and an ipod nano 1 gb...

the easiest to carry while walking, jogging, going to work is the nano..hasnt broken after some serious usage as well.. the rh10 records beautifully, the x5l has incredible sound.. but the nano tops in usability and simplicity....

to me that is all the ipod is.