REC ERROR!Please help!

Rate this topic

eperdos

I have a sony mz-nh700 for 1 and a half year.I always use the 1gb disc provided.never had problems when recording.a few days ago I used the md as a portable device and stored on it some files from the internet.after that(anyway I`m not sure if this is the cause) I can`t record, renam, delete on th disc.recording gos well until data writing, when I get the rec error message.same for all other writing actions.

please someone give me a help here!!!

maybe I deleted some of the files from the disc, but I have no clue how to discover this.

I wait for some hElp!!!PLEASE!!!

I have a sony mz-nh700 for 1 and a half year.I always use the 1gb disc provided.never had problems when recording.a few days ago I used the md as a portable device and stored on it some files from the internet.after that(anyway I`m not sure if this is the cause) I can`t record, renam, delete on th disc.recording gos well until data writing, when I get the rec error message.same for all other writing actions.

please someone give me a help here!!!

maybe I deleted some of the files from the disc, but I have no clue how to discover this.

I wait for some hElp!!!PLEASE!!!

Well first I'd try using another disc. Maybe your disc is a bit dirty or worn out, and it's making the MD recorder fail.

Does the NH700 have a Format Disc option? You could try using that to reformat the disc, just in case you've damaged the system file.

my mz nh 900 always stops recording after a few mb when recording on to a 1 gb disc. no matter if it is audio or just raw data. unit totally blocks only to stop when removing battery. maybe i shouldn't have dropped it on the floor? anyway i've noticed that storing those md's next to a new battery causes the unit to be unable to read or write the disc. when i link my unit to my pc it sometimes help