MZ-RH1 resets to start of disc when stopped for some time

Rate this topic

upasaka

Hi. Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere...

Is it just me, or does the MZ-RH1 have the rather annoying 'feature' of resetting itself to the start of the disc once its been off for a while; ie, after pressing stop. This is my 4th MD and the other 3 would always simply resume from the previous position, assuming the battery hadn't been removed, the disc removed, or you did anything to reset it yourself.

The RH1 behaves like that if it's stopped for short periods. But it seems that after some magic amount of time it resets back to the start. Which is frikking annoying if you're listening to large tracks (dj mix sets - >90mins).

And while I'm having a bitch, has anyone else noticed the sound equalizer function is pretty sub-par too? I used two preset custom sound settings on my NH1 - depending on which headphones I was using - and that worked brilliantly. But I find that the RH1 seems to reduce overall volume and tries to adjust for peaks and troughs in the audio, which frankly blows.

All in all I have to say I've been kinda dissapointed by the RH1. The lack of DRM, the ability to use mp3s directly, the ability to pull old MD format discs back to PC - all brilliant. But otherwise the physical build quality and simple but serious annoyances like the above (and the crummy remote!) make it less than perfect.

(End rant.)

Hi. Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere...

Is it just me, or does the MZ-RH1 have the rather annoying 'feature' of resetting itself to the start of the disc once its been off for a while; ie, after pressing stop. This is my 4th MD and the other 3 would always simply resume from the previous position, assuming the battery hadn't been removed, the disc removed, or you did anything to reset it yourself.

The RH1 behaves like that if it's stopped for short periods. But it seems that after some magic amount of time it resets back to the start. Which is frikking annoying if you're listening to large tracks (dj mix sets - >90mins).

Yes, it has happened to me too - I thought I must be doing something wrong, but if there's two of us, perhaps it's the machine at fault. So far it is very intermittent. It only happens if I leave the machine alone for at least 12 hours, and it probably happens on only 10% of those occasions. But, as you say, it can be very annoying.

I habe noticed that this happens when the machine is off and the eject button is pressed (but not whole the way, just far enough to 'pretend' inserting a new disc)

this is the same 'reset' as when you open any other MD and close it again with the same disc and is caused by a overly sensitive eject button and not really great placement of that button as well.

For me it stopped now that I have a good carrying case that doesn't put any pressure on the eject button (for pics see my PX100 or D66SL pictorials in my signature)

I habe noticed that this happens when the machine is off and the eject button is pressed (but not whole the way, just far enough to 'pretend' inserting a new disc)

this is the same 'reset' as when you open any other MD and close it again with the same disc and is caused by a overly sensitive eject button and not really great placement of that button as well.

For me it stopped now that I have a good carrying case that doesn't put any pressure on the eject button (for pics see my PX100 or D66SL pictorials in my signature)

hmmmmm, do you know I reckon that could well be what's causing it? I'll have to try leaving it unmoved for a few hours to see if the reset manifests without being touched though... Thanks!

(kinda poor design really - that eject button is unnecessarily large)

hmmmmm, do you know I reckon that could well be what's causing it? I'll have to try leaving it unmoved for a few hours to see if the reset manifests without being touched though... Thanks!

(kinda poor design really - that eject button is unnecessarily large)

the "push open" is one of the worse design on RH1. remember for old school machines like R50, it even got a very good safety design that you can not eject the disc when the machine is using it.