Had enough of ubuntu...

Rate this topic

danielbb90

Yeh, already I have had enough of ubuntu, its just 1 problem after another, I expected linux to be harder to use than windows but this was just rediclaus.

But before I cower back to windows, what other distros should I use?

I have found a likeing for Knoppix, but I think thats live ony.

I have VMWare on ubuntu working fine, so I can run & install linux on there without having to useup my hard drive! :lol: and cd's I can just run the iso.

So what others should I try? :unsure:

Thanks, :ok:

Edited by danielbb90

The latest is my sound, it keeps skipping parts of music playback frequently and with system sounds it plays slower than realtime.

I just got my internet solved too on it! :(

Edit: I'm goin' to wipe ubuntu and install a fresh kubuntu - ok I know I can install it through the terminal, but I have loads of stuff on my comp now that is useless to me anyway! lol and I still have my backups.

It's just easyer. :lol:

Can I install VMWare on kubuntu?

Edited by danielbb90

I've got SUSE Linux 8.1 (old I know, but I had it around), seems to have recognized m equipement, haven't had a chance to see what it does with my NH-1 yet, but 7.3 did recognize my 707. The newer Novell-Suse seem to look good, and I have also heard good things about Red Hat.

Good luck,

Bob

Just installed kubuntu, I can't change the setting the same way as I did in ubuntu to get the internet to work & update.

I like the os though! :lol:

I'll give ubuntu my last shot, but something tells me it won't be any different! :(

And bobt, I'm reluctent to go with suse linux I have used it and I didn't really like it. lol

I just installed kubuntu and then just installed ubuntu, so I have reverted to the default kernal.

If thats the case with that version (I did update thinking about it) maby that was it. - Can I get away without updateing ubunutu?

Edit: That must have been the problem, I havne't updated it and its playin' sound perfectly fine! ;) thanks

Edited by danielbb90