I'm in love all over again - my new MZ-RH1

Rate this topic

jillako

I received my MZ-RH1 in the mail today and boy am I happy! This baby feels amazing in my hand. Light and sleek. I love the crispness of the text on the OLED. I miss the scrolling a bit, but hey I have an MC-40ELK and still have my MZ-RH10. The sound is just spot on. The only other unit I've ever owned that came close in build quality was the MZ-E10.

Anyway, I was already running SonicStage 4.0 so it was a matter of hooking it up and trying to upload my MDLP tracks! I picked an untitled dance track that I had recorded off XM Radio's BPM last year and uploaded it, no problems. I wasn't able to find my untitled track in my library though - I thought it would be easy to find the only untitled track in my library but it didn't seem to be there. After a bit of searching I found it - SonicStage had automatically found the name of the song and album and organized it - amazing!! :o I had turned this setting on in the past but I did not expect it to find a song that had no information and was recorded off the radio - I had put in track marks myself to cut off the DJ's talking so the track could not have even been the right length. How does SS do that?

Anyway, really happy now! I shall post pictorials when I get a chance.. not this weekend though! Have a good weekend all.

B)

I have had mine for a week now, and have taken it outside a few times without freaking out. More than I could say for my RH10 that sits in it's safe little scratch-proof place until I need it to record with. I ran it through it's paces with what I consider to be the best audio test for a unit: Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique, and I must say it passed with flying colors. B)

Thanks for the wishes, Spargo. I guess the new RH-1 owners are just being more vocal than they have been? Speaking for myself mostly! ;)

Thanks to the RH-1, I will now be starting a SonicStage music library. I have previously tried and given up on the program but I think it will be good to have a library of all my recordings. As a bonus, I can now transfer the recordings to any new Sony flash players I may buy! Maybe the NW-S205F? Hehe!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm almost irritated after reading all this RH1 stuff today... Now I have to give Sony ANOTHER chance to give me what I wanted in my N707 to begin with ... BUT... I'm gonna give them the chance. I keep coming back for more. Just glad to hear there is so much POSITIVE feedback this time. VERY GLAD to hear.

Well, better get to pricing one out and filling out my Craigslist add for the NH1. ;)

I'm almost irritated after reading all this RH1 stuff today... Now I have to give Sony ANOTHER chance to give me what I wanted in my N707 to begin with ... BUT... I'm gonna give them the chance. I keep coming back for more. Just glad to hear there is so much POSITIVE feedback this time. VERY GLAD to hear.

Well, better get to pricing one out and filling out my Craigslist add for the NH1. ;)

i bought one as well but is on my way to me somewhere from Canada...should be anytime soon now.