Does anyone have a MZ-E520?

Rate this topic

theblueraja

My daughter may want this model (pink), but NO pics seem to exist on line that show the BACK of the unit... I'm assuming it has BUTTONS somewhere on the body itself? Curious if anyone here could shed light on this. Also, it takes the 10WM gumsticks... would a 14WM work or be bad for it?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by theblueraja

Here you go --> pink E520 @ Yahoo Japan Auctions and a picture depicting the back of the unit As for batteries, the unit can definitely accept either 10WM or 14WM gumsticks. No detrimental effects.

Thanks buddy! Actually after she saw these pics she doesn't like it anymore due to the metallic cast (which the Audiocubes pics didn't really show)... it's not a TRUE pink like the cradle.

Anyway, I'll continue the hunt then for a good pink NetMD player....

Edited by theblueraja

You should only use a 14WM if you charge it with an external charger designed to charge a 14WM. Most devices that come with a 10WM should only charge that. It may work but over the long run you may rupture the battery. So if you want to use the cradle to internally charge I'd say stick with the supplied 10WM.

FYI, thats why Sony/Audiocubes sells the 10WM by itself for the same price ($19 on AC). Otherwise why would there be a market for it in standalone form, not just cost cutting bundling with units?

Thanks buddy! Actually after she saw these pics she doesn't like it anymore due to the metallic cast (which the Audiocubes pics didn't really show)... it's not a TRUE pink like the cradle.

Anyway, I'll continue the hunt then for a good pink NetMD player....

How about the MZ-E610 and the MZ-E810SP? Good luck with your hunt.

IPB Image

IPB Image

How about the MZ-E610 and the MZ-E810SP? Good luck with your hunt.

Thanks, Ishiyoshi, those look pretty cool. I'll show them to her when I get a chance, she may like the MZ-E610 but I'm not sure where I'd FIND that model... but I also think she's now focused on the MZ-EH50... yes, I know I didn't say HI-MD, but she loves the look of that model and the price is so close to these legacy players that it really doesn't make a difference, and she can use it as a legacy player if she wants (Net-MD standard discs only).

Besides... some day she won't care for it anymore... and guess who will get it then? ;)

IPB Image

Edited by theblueraja

• 2 weeks later...