In dash md player

Rate this topic

silanga

I finally broke down and purchased an ipod nano. But I still have a sony mdx-ca680x md player in my car. Is there any simple way, adapter, to connect the ipod to play thru my md player? Unfortunately there is no external input jack on the car player. I tried an fm transmitter adapter that broadcasts to the fm receiver and it didn't work well at all. It's a pain having to transfer programming from my computer to the md format when the ipod is so much quicker. There must have been others before me who have dealt with this development and I would appreciate any advice.

I'd also be interested if someone knew of an in car player that played md/cd and also took an ipod input.

Thanks

Im not quite sure, but this could work:

[attachmentid=2042] [attachmentid=2043] [attachmentid=2044]

iPod Integration Kit Features:

• Compatible with any iPod with a dock connector on the bottom, including iPod mini, iPod nano, iPod photo, and iPod video.

• Power on automatic play function and power off automatic pause.

• Automatic pause when switching to FM, AM, CD, or TAPE/MD.

• No battery required.

• Keeps your iPod charged at all times.

• Direct connection with CD-quality sound.

• 1/8" stereo plug for other auxilliary input.

• Use your steering wheel controls to change songs.

• Use your head unit to change songs or fast forward and rewind.

• Supports up to 5 playlists in "playlist mode"

USB MP3 Integration Kit Features:

• Compatible with any USB-compatible storage device.

• Exclusive built-in high quality MP3 decoder.

• Power on automatic play function and power off automatic pause..

• Automatic pause when switching to FM, AM, CD, or TAPE/MD.

• No battery required.

• Direct connection with CD-quality sound.

• 1/8" stereo jack for other auxilliary input.

• Allows the use of the steering wheel controls to change songs.

For details on how the unit works, the installation procedure, and what is included, please visit the appropriate order link below. All of this information is included on the website!

NOTE for vehicles with integrated Sirius Satellite Radio: The AudioLink unit is not compatible with the integrated Sirius satellite radio module. Both this unit and the factory satellite radio module connect to the headunit using the same port, so only one or the other may be used at any given time. If you have the satellite radio, but do not use it, you are able to switch to the AudioLink with no problems.

source mazda3forums

post-3480-1159242594_thumb.jpg

post-3480-1159242607_thumb.jpg

post-3480-1159242618_thumb.jpg

You have two main routes you can take when trying to get audio from your external device into your MDX-CA680X.

One is the Aux input route. For this you will need to purchase a Sony XA-300 Aux Input Adapter for your head unit. It gives you 2 RCA aux inputs as well as a third USB input for use with laptops (this is a device "input"--it shows up in windows as "USB Speakers" with a Burr-Brown D/A; it can't be used to connect portables directly unless they can somehow act as a computer would). The XA-300 goes for $50-$100 US on eBay.

Then you'd just select your input and turn on your iPod and off you go.

The second way of going about it is integration. Integration involves one advantage--control. You can control the iPod from the HU in this manner. To do this you can buy a Sony XA-110IP iPod Integration Adapter for your HU. The MSRP for one of these is $100 US but it is readily found on eBay for $40 + shipping. This adapter will give you audio input from the iPod, and you'll be able to control the iPod from the HU and it will display information from the iPod on the HU; it will also charge the iPod while it's plugged in.

The drawback to using this adapter comes from the relatively primative interface on the Sony HU (never designed for a mass-storage MP3 player) and the iPod itself (as full remote mode disables the controls on the iPod itself). The result is you get control and audio on the HU but you cannot control the iPod from the iPod itself when the adapter is connected. This makes it somewhat difficult to navigate through tracks on the HU as, again, it was never designed to be able to browse through a large music system like the iPod. What most people do, to get around this, is they just make lots of playlists which are far easier to use than trying to navigate on the HU.

• 1 year later...

The second way of going about it is integration. Integration involves one advantage--control. You can control the iPod from the HU in this manner. To do this you can buy a Sony XA-110IP iPod Integration Adapter for your HU. The MSRP for one of these is $100 US but it is readily found on eBay for $40 + shipping. This adapter will give you audio input from the iPod, and you'll be able to control the iPod from the HU and it will display information from the iPod on the HU; it will also charge the iPod while it's plugged in.

I have tried the XA-110IP with both the MDX-CA680X and the MDX-CA790X and was unable to get the unit to work. The head unit keeps cycling the radio off and on, and it never recognizes the 110 when Source is pressed. Tried also pressing RESET after turning off car and removing keys (not in ACC mode).

Is there anyone who has gotten the XA-110IP to work with a MD head unit?