PMX100 and PX100

Rate this topic

dogville

I would like to know if the Senheisser PMX 100 sound the same as the PX100. Are they confortable?. I've got the PX100 but prefer it behind-the-neck. Please answer only those who own them ;)

Thanks

As far as I can tell the drive units for the PMX100 are the same as the PX100, so they sound substantially the same.

I have to say that the PMX100 are a _little_ tight on me, they seem to be tighter than the PMX60s which I also have, but not excessively so.

The PX100s over the head are adjustable, and tightness isn't an issue with me. They pack plenty of bass for smallish headphones, and if bass is your thing, I am sure you will like them. Perhaps the "tightness" contributes to the relative bassiness of them, as they do seem to my ears to provide a touch more a the bottom end of the spectrum.

Having said all that, all factors are very subjective.

Hope this helps anyway.

Martin

Edited by Mr_Bass_Man

As far as I can tell the drive units for the PMX100 are the same as the PX100, so they sound substantially the same.

I have to say that the PMX100 are a _little_ tight on me, they seem to be tighter than the PMX60s which I also have, but not excessively so.

The PX100s over the head are adjustable, and tightness isn't an issue with me. They pack plenty of bass for smallish headphones, and if bass is your thing, I am sure you will like them. Perhaps the "tightness" contributes to the relative bassiness of them, as they do seem to my ears to provide a touch more a the bottom end of the spectrum.

Having said all that, all factors are very subjective.

Hope this helps anyway.

Martin

I love natural bass but don't like it in excess. Maybe I trie them first to see if they are comfortable. The px100 sound terrific but don't like the wave it leaves on the top of my head on adjusting the preassure.

Thanks so much