Simple Burner on a Laptop Without Full SS

Rate this topic

1kyle

Just a quick question is it possible to install SB ONLY on a laptop without having to install SS.

There are times I'd just like to Burn a CD directly while on the road --I don't want to have a large music Library on a Laptop (or at least THIS particular laptop -- it's a work one where I don't want to install a lort of *Other* software on it..

I know I Can install SS and not use it but it seems a bit of a waste.

The standard HI-SP @256 is fine for on the road listening --you have to have really good equipment and ears to tell any improvement at HI-SP 320. Some of the recording quality of some modern re-pressed CD's isn't really worth it in any case and using SB is a lot quicker than messing around importing the CD's into a music library and thenm transferring --also the latest SB version (from this site) seems to have fixed a lot of the problems with connecting to CDDB / Gracenote to retrieve track info.

Cheers

-K

As atrain said, you do need to have SonicStage installed so that Simple Burner can use its codecs.

But you never have to open SonicStage. You could discard its shortcut icon from the desktop. And just using Simple Burner will not leave copies of music in My Library, so you won't be filling up the laptop with songs.

I fully agree with you that it's cumbersome to have to install a big, slow program so you can use a small efficient one.