the death of li-ion battery

Rate this topic

Tiesto

I have had my E10 kept for a month with battery turned off, but when I was going to play back a disc yesterday, there was no answer whatsoever! :(. My player has about a year and a half since I bought it brand new. My guess is that the battery died somehow it had to lose its charge while was kept, it has never been mishandled.

I found there's two part numbers for the replacement: 175631811 and 175631821 but DAPC shows two different prices for the battery.

-which is the right one?

-has anyone bought the E10's battery from them?

-is it possible that my guess is wrong?

:( any comment will be appreciated.

I'm pretty sure both parts are the correct battery. The difference is solely in the labelling/plastic on the battery :rolleyes: It's stupid really. And one battery is going to be like $99 and the other $39 or something, right? LOL.

You can purchase these on eBay, btw. Just do a search for "E10 batttery" or "N10 battery" or "LIP-3WMB" :)

Thanks MDX-400, fortunaly according to the technician the battery is completely depleted, I was worried that it could be a electronic malfunction you know :P. Im forced to order the replacement from Sony's part center because the Paypal system isnt valid in my country <_< anyone knows if it may be ordered from eBay through a safe money transfer?

Edited by Tiesto

Oh yeah, battery's done eh? Really that shouldn't happen with the switch OFF but Li-Ion does indeed lose it's capactiy all on it's own, particularly at higher temperatures :(

The eBay auctions I bring up (on eBay.com) are mainly from the same seller. Looks like different seller names on some of them but it's pretty clear it's the same seller, LOL. None of those auctions indicate other ways to pay than PayPal but you could always email the seller to ask.

There's a couple other sellers, though their prices are higher (still not as high as Sony I'd think). Those ones do indicate other ways to pay (like money order, etc.) so you could always try buying one from one of those sellers too...

I was checking eBay and the seller named hd-powerseller has a lot of stuffs at unbelievable prices: Sony RM-MC38EL remote, Sony ECM-DS70P stereo mic, Sony MDR-E888LP headphones, Sony MZ-N10 Lithium Ion Battery, and so on, all this just at us$9.99!! I mean, is this for real? has someone actually ordered something from this seller and received their order?? :unsure:

Yeah that's the seller I meant. Feedback looks okay, so I think you should be good. At first I was thinking some of that stuff has to be counterfeit/fake but I don't think there's such thing as a counterfeit remote lol. So yeah it's well priced but there's shipping costs too.

I haven't personally ordered from them, no, but if you look at their feedback it isn't too bad I don't think...