error 00007180

Rate this topic

puki

i think it is 4 years ago or so that i bought a MZ-NH600D in the US.

I live in europe , belgium and i managed to lose the CD containing sonicstage , so i downloaded sonicstage from the support site of sony. This was an old version i think sonicstage 2.0 or something.

That worked for 4 years perfect until a few weeks ago. I tried to import an album i downloaded, and sonicstage wouldn't play the songs i imported.

so i thought, reinstall it , and it wil work. So i went to the sony support page downloaden sonicstage 4.0 installed it , and let the program scan for files.

But when i opened my library all songs were there, but almost none of them worked. sonicstage automatically skipped every song i clicked. It only played a handfull of songs.

I don't understand it , i don't think my files are copyright protected, half of the files are from original cd"s

So i tried importing the files manually , but then i got an error stating :

sonicstage can't import files that aren't registered to sonicstage , error 00007180

can someone please help me ??

thanks

i've got more than 7000 music files on my computer ,some are legal, from cd , some are just downloads , i would prefer it if all of them would work :), and i don't want to manually import 3500 files or so from CD to sonicstage , i don't have that much time :)

can't i do something else , maybe install an older version or so ?

What are the file types?

When you say about half of the files are from original CDs, did you import these CDs directly into the older SonicStage, or did you use a seperate program to rip them as mp3?

If they were ripped outside sonicstage you may have deleted the origional.

http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=15868

And even if they were you could still have deleted them from the sonicstage's atrac3plus file folder! :wacko:

The files are still all there , i have tried to import them many times in sonicstage, and when i import a single file , i get an error 00007180, when i import a whole directory, i don"t get an error , but the files just don"t work.

i just find it very strange because everything worked well for 3 years or so , i used sonicstage 2.0 for about 3 years and it worked well. and a few weeks ago, it stopped working correct.

Maybe the fact that i lost my installation CD has something to do with it ? i just downloaded 4.0 from the support site and installed it

• 11 months later...

The files are still all there , i have tried to import them many times in sonicstage, and when i import a single file , i get an error 00007180, when i import a whole directory, i don"t get an error , but the files just don"t work.

i just find it very strange because everything worked well for 3 years or so , i used sonicstage 2.0 for about 3 years and it worked well. and a few weeks ago, it stopped working correct.

Maybe the fact that i lost my installation CD has something to do with it ? i just downloaded 4.0 from the support site and installed it

kind of answer:

I have a NW-E16F mp3 player and present the same problem with the sonicstage.... but a reach some kind of solution:

1° I modify the Mp3 properties (right click in the file - details).

2° modify the name of the album (example... instead of vertigo tour.... vertigo tour sony), then accept

3° finally.... edit the name of the song (example... U2 - elevation..... for..... elevation).

4° run the program and import the "updated" mp3 file.

i hope that you can do it as i did.

sorry for the year of delay

• 3 weeks later...

kind of answer:

I have a NW-E16F mp3 player and present the same problem with the sonicstage.... but a reach some kind of solution:

1° I modify the Mp3 properties (right click in the file - details).

2° modify the name of the album (example... instead of vertigo tour.... vertigo tour sony), then accept

3° finally.... edit the name of the song (example... U2 - elevation..... for..... elevation).

4° run the program and import the "updated" mp3 file.

i hope that you can do it as i did.

sorry for the year of delay

I am not the original poster but I do have the same problem with the same error code. I also have over 7000 MP3 tracks in my MY MUSIC/MP3 folder and I have not been able to imported into Sonic Stage until I tried your renaming method. This works but (a) would take hours to change all 700 files (B) it appears to put them in subfolder. Why would SS do this?

Beemer

Why would SS do this?

Beemer

There is no "why" with SonicStage. It is just perverse, cranky and mysterious.

You can speed up your tagging a little bit with some of the tagging capability in media players like Windows Media Player (Library, highlight the whole album, right-click to get Advanced Tag Editor) or iTunes (Get Info under File), which allow you to re-title a whole album at a time. Some people also like the free Media Monkey.

There is no "why" with SonicStage. It is just perverse, cranky and mysterious.

You can speed up your tagging a little bit with some of the tagging capability in media players like Windows Media Player (Library, highlight the whole album, right-click to get Advanced Tag Editor) or iTunes (Get Info under File), which allow you to re-title a whole album at a time. Some people also like the free Media Monkey.

windows media player really speed up the process... (I use real player) :mega_shok:

any other tip... please added. thanks

:help: