Need help with 20" wide monitor and 7900gt 256mb

Rate this topic

mercury_in_flames

I have a gainward 7900gt 256mb, its only a few months old. I recently bought an Acer AL2051W widescreen monitor. As normal, I unplugged my 17" sony lcd after turning off my computer, plugged in my 20" and waited for the startup bios screen. No goes, nada nothing, zip. I can turn on my 17" monitor, log into my windows account, then just plug the 20" monitor and it works at 1280 by 1024 res. I uninstall the 17" monitor in device manager, then plug the 20" back in and I dont even get the resolution that my 20" supports. The native res for this monitor is 1680 by 1050. That res isnt even listed. When i change to any other res the 1280 by 1024 the monitor just tells me it cant take that res, or no signal. It isnt the monitor as I got sent a replacment. I think that windows is installing the wrong drivers for the monitor. It's strange that I'm not getting any signal at all when I switch on the the computer. I havent been able to try the monitors on any other computers. If anyone could try and help please, i would REALLY appreciate it. I have the following options after i get my money back; Get a new nvidia 7950 gx2 graphics card, OR get a viewsonic VX2025wm. Please respond asap. If atrain or ivan have msn and can get in contact with me through that i;d appreciate it even more.

-greg :unsure:

hey greg does your card have a secons out? if so try plugging it in to the secondary then forcing the switch. with ati catalyst control centre you can do this, i'm sure the nvidia must have something similar.