SonicStage 3.4 download not working

Rate this topic

curls

I am having problems with SS 4.0 introducing noise into tracks that are converted, be it from wav or from mp3. It doesn't happen every time, so I am having difficulty tracking down the cause of it. I thought I would give SS 3.4 a try, but the link always gives an error. Is there somewhere else I can get it from? European (UK) version preferable.

The offline version here has been removed to make way for the offline 4.0 version thats coming soon.

http://www.atraclife.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2433

I don't know if you can download it anymore.

I have heard this problem before and 3.4 hasn't been the answer! ;) Converting lossy codec to lossy codec is always going to cause problems anyway.

Edited by danielbb90

I have heard this problem before and 3.4 hasn't been the answer! ;) Converting lossy codec to lossy codec is always going to cause problems anyway.

Converting from lossy to lossy isn't the problem. Note that I said it also happens when converting from wav. The noise that is introduced is a buzzing noise with a lower ticking noise in the background. I recorded some silence and the noise is very plain there, but when I recorded again, then noise was no longer there.

I transferred 6 CD's of mp3's to one minidisc and some conversions are affected whilst others aren't. This was with no other programs running and with SS 4.0 never closed down. XP Pro SP2, AMD XP3000+, 1 gig memory

I haven't tried importing a CD yet as I've only had the NHF800 for two days, but it's academic now as I've solved the problem. I installed a pristine copy of XP and found that conversion was clean as a whistle. I then started adding my usual software and the problem reappeared when I installed the K-Lite codec pack. I restored my Ghost backup of XP, uninstalled K-Lite and everything is hunky dory. Now all I have to do is find out which codec was causing the problem and get my video playing capabilities back.

Thanks for the response.

There is some mp3 thing that does cause a conflict with sonicstage but the problems normally are more drastic when it comes to mp3's like they won't convert at all when its installed...

I'll see if I can find out what it was, or maby another member could tell you.

edit: http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=8071 look on that page in Known issues

Edited by danielbb90

I agree that it would be best to install seperate codec's, but sometimes easy is just, well, easy. I never had any problem before, which makes me wonder, is it a codec problem or a SonicStage problem? I've done plenty of transcoding - for mp3 player use - without anything untoward happening. Anyway, no matter, as I said it's been solved, plus I have my video working again, so I'm a happy camper.

Thanks for the link Danny, though I had already found that page *after* I'd sorted it out. :)