easier way to transfer songs?

Rate this topic

Beyer66

i was ripping some music off of a friends computer, which right there is something i know sony doesnt want you to do, but it is possible now with hi-md because you can save the music files to the MD as removable storage device (or whatever they call it when you hook up to USB).

the pain in the ass is getting the files loaded up to sonicstage on my computer. the songs dont show up on the MD songlist, so i have to transfer the folders into the my music folder on my PC and then go into sonicstage and do a music file search to get them in there.

does anybody have a better way to do this? I know i shouldnt really be pirating music but its usually for music that i did own at one point in time and i just dont want to go buy another copy after losing or scratching the cd ('s)

I hate cds by the way. thats why i bought the minidisc player, so i can throw the discs around a little bit and not worry about damaging them.

If you use a newer version of SonicStage (3.4 or CP) there are no upload/download restrictions. So you would be able to actually use SonicStage (one of the new versions) to transfer music from your friends computer to Hi-MD, and then come home and use one of the new versions of SonicStage on your own computer to upload the tracks.

You still wont be able to see mp3 files that were copied to the disc as data (using windows explorer). To get those tracks into SonicStage there really isnt any other way other than copying them to your computer and importing/opening them in SonicStage.

Edited by raintheory

Actually you can do direct transfers of mp3 files or any other data files using a HIMD player. The MD just treats the file as a data file. It won't play the file while it's on your disc but you can copy it to your computer when you get home just you could with any removable hard drive or thumb drive or whatever. You just drag and drop it on to the disc and then drag it on to your hard drive at home. You will need to install the driver for HIMD's to show up as a hard drive. I believe you can fit that driver on a floppy disc in zip format so you can keep a copy handy to install on a computer so you can use your HIMD as removable storage.

Edited by King Ghidora