My RH10 does not work if only battery is used.

Rate this topic

bmwstud

I desperately need help. My RH10 is exactly 1 year old, and it stopped working if not plugged into anything. I am pretty sure the battery is fine because i checked it with a voltmeter and also when i connect the USB cable the battery symbol is full or blinking (charging) and then full. I did not drop it, sit on it, drive over it, or do any harm to it.

I don't get it. I chatted with tech support at Sony and they said you need to service it, but my warranty is out (1 year yesterday). Man, just my LUCK!

If anybody has a clue, please let me know.

Thank you all.

P.S. oh, and i did try to plug in the side pod with a AA battery. No help.

I desperately need help. My RH10 is exactly 1 year old, and it stopped working if not plugged into anything. I am pretty sure the battery is fine because i checked it with a voltmeter and also when i connect the USB cable the battery symbol is full or blinking (charging) and then full. I did not drop it, sit on it, drive over it, or do any harm to it.

I don't get it. I chatted with tech support at Sony and they said you need to service it, but my warranty is out (1 year yesterday). Man, just my LUCK!

If anybody has a clue, please let me know.

Thank you all.

P.S. oh, and i did try to plug in the side pod with a AA battery. No help.

Your battery might still be bad! Try checking the current capacity it can deliver (you will need a voltmeter with a current setting (milliamps). A dead battery might still give the proper voltage with no load, but fail to deliver any current. When using the AA module, be sure to remove the gumstick. High internal resistance in a bad battery might fool the electronics.