Sonicstage 4.2 Now Available for Download

Rate this topic

bmanalansan

Seems that SONY has finally brought the OpenMG Secure Module to order. No more "Limited Patches" or "Add-ons", just the "OpenMG Secure Module 4.6.01" in "Add/Remove Programs".

BTW, the old "OpenMG AAC Add-on" is not uninstalled when you upgrade to SS42, despite the fact that it is no longer needed (it is now integrated with the main module). I would recommend backing up your Library, completely uninstalling the previous version, cleaning up the registry, installing the new version "from scratch", and then restoring your Library from the backup. In this way you will get a clean installation without any "atavisms".

Edited by Avrin

ATRAC CD burning seems to be fixed. I don't own an ATRAC CD player, but still tried burning to a CD-RW. Everything went OK (no 69% glitch anymore), and all files on the CD are perfectly readable, at least by my computer. Not playable by the computer, of course.

Edited by Avrin

raintheory writes:

"4.2 seems to start up quicker, and seems a bit more responsive..."

It is unbelievably streamlined (err.. for SONY). This brings up real hopes!!!

Sparky191 writes:

"I wonder is Lossless fixed?"

No, the drivers are the same (one year old at least). Those that came in the 3.4.02 package with the RH1.

Edited by Avrin

Reposting from atraclife.com:

DSEE actually does add some higher frequencies above the cutoff frequency of a file, but ONLY when played on the computer. No way to use this function on the unit.

Try playing an ATRAC3plus 48 kbps file through good headphones with and without DSEE - you will hear the difference. Frequency analysis in Adobe Audition also demonstrates that, but it also shows that frequencies are added in a “not quite linear” way.

Another just OK upgrade. Small speed improvements and more enhancements for non MD devices. Would be great to see DSEE like functionality added to portable devices - maybe via firmware (only dreaming here)? It would be great to remove the DRM added to uploaded tracks. Really, why add it in the first place? You allow conversion to WAV already, just go the next step.

Otherwise, I'll wait for the next incremental upgrade and install that when it comes :)

Looks like nobody cares about an offline installer, or the ability to download all separate SonicStage installation components for the version you like (3.4 - 4.2, any region, any available language).

The problem is that I know all links. All of these are online. Sorry, SONY, SonicStage is not Internet Explorer (which saves installation files). We have to trace where it downloads itself from. And I've successfully done this.

And I promise not to disclose the technique to use the CONNECT US Online Radio to download (and save) the music to anyone's liking. This technique is really simple, and any SS user can discover it.

Edited by Avrin