Adding trackmarks while playing audiobooks for review

Rate this topic

prodigyresources

Unfortunately I believe the only way to be able to add track marks would be if you record in realtime via line/optical input... :(

Frustrating, but material downloaded to (Hi)MD from PC cannot be edited/trackmarked.

Silly really, and if Sony wants to focus more on the recording aspect of MD this will need to definitely be fixed.

Edited by raintheory

if you had a net md and use simple burner you can manually add track marks as you listen the files are not write protected. does this work this way with hi-md simple burner if so he could just convert them to virtual audio cd's then use simple burner then add track mark while he listens?

Interesting, I'll experiment with this and let you guys know. Would be great if this works!

if you had a net md and use simple burner you can manually add track marks as you listen the files are not write protected. does this work this way with hi-md simple burner if so he could just convert them to virtual audio cd's then use simple burner then add track mark while he listens?

Well, I did a bit of testing and this method in fact only works with NetMD. I tried Hi-MD formats and simply got the "Track From PC No Edit" message.

Good to know that there is still some usefulness to the old Nero ImageDrive/SimpleBurner method. Only downside is that you have to transcode to LP2/LP4.

Okay, thanks guys. We'll i'm obviously new to this. I broke out the old netmd cuz keeping up with technology is no fun for me anymore. I tried an ipod and itunes, etc and all the complication, for profits sake annoyed me. Can you break it down for me. So your saying I can't use the sonic stage that i just downloaded, i need to do a search for Nero or simple burner(don't have original software). And convert the mp3/aac/pos(kinda file that i get from the audiobook site) to a cd format(wav?) and then convert it to LP4. I think i must have missed something. Thanks