Gumstick batteries from eBay

Rate this topic

Petter156

Hey people, soem questions about buying batteries from eBay.

The original battery (NH-14WM) that came with my RH10 is now definitely messed up. It´s been quirky for maybe 8 months but I´ve managed. Now it won´t charge the battery properly and the battery will die on me very quickly even though it´s been charging for awile.

Oh well, time for a new one.

I was just wandering what your opinions are about buying these types of batteries off eBay? I know some of you have done this. Any sellers that are definitely trustworthy and still carry a good price? Anything I should watch out for?

I found this type of battery for 3 dollars at the very lowest on eBay. That seems insane considering Minidisco´s price is 30 dollars.

Mainly I´m just looking for some good advice from people who have bought the NH-14WM from an eBay seller. I´m still a bit weary about ordering stuff online.

Cheers.

Mine is GP 1450 mAh Chinese made (www.gpbatteries.com.hk/html/products/rechargeable_hydride.html); 100mAh deeper charge than the original, works fine. I bought it in a batteries shop across the street for around 5.5 USD. Here in Moscow I could order it online for a dollar less. I guess they should be everywhere in the world...

Hi,

I have replied to threads like this one before. I have personally purchased batteries from ebay (LIP 4WM) and have not found any problems so far. I have been using the batteries for 6 months continuously in the RH1. My impression is that they are 'factory leakage' from the Chinese factory and they are from the same production line that supplies Sony....

Grf

A440: Couldn´t find the seller you mentioned, but what about theese: battery-007. The seller seems to have a good reputation at least.

Those definitely look somewhat fake to me. The distorted Sony logo on the battery itself and the 1400 Stamina logo are suspicious. I'm sorry to say it but the vast majority of Ni-Mh gumsticks on ebay are fake. There may be a few more genuine LIP-4WM's, but pretty much any 14WM out of China is to be avoided in my experience.

I bought a couple of gumsticks off ebay a year ago (I forget the seller's name) which were being sold as name brand but they were definitely chinese knockoffs. They were cheap enough I used them anyway but the first time I left on in my MD, while plugged in to recharge, they overcharged, expanded, and got HOT. I had a hell of a time getting it out, but finally managed. Since then I bought another battery & stand-alone charger from minidisco and have had no problems, even with the chinese fake.

I´m going to take a couple of more stabs at trying to find the seller A440 was talking about, and if that doesn´t work out - go to our main Helsinki department store and buy an official Sony gumstick.

I´m actually a bit surprised more people don´t have word on reliable sellers. Since the prices are a lot lower, I would have thought more people would have bought batteries from eBay.