Replacement Remote for MZ-NHF800

Rate this topic

bonzo71

I just won a mz-nhf800 on ebay (fairly cheap $76), but it does not have a remote. I would like to pick up a replacement remote on e-bay, but I'm not sure which remote will work.. I do not need the remote that has the radio function. I would like it to do the following:

1. backlit

2. Be able to pause and resume live recording.

Any ideas?

1. backlit

2. Be able to pause and resume live recording.

All the remotes have a Pause button.

The best is the RM-MC40ELK, which is not only backlit but also shows a recording-level display--though if you light up the backlight while recording you'll get a glitch of static.

Here's the whole list of EL remotes. See what you can find on Ebay.

http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showt...uide+MD+remotes

All the remotes have a Pause button.

The best is the RM-MC40ELK, which is not only backlit but also shows a recording-level display--though if you light up the backlight while recording you'll get a glitch of static.

Here's the whole list of EL remotes. See what you can find on Ebay.

http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showt...uide+MD+remotes

Thanks, but that remote costs more than the price I paid for the recorder. I understand the cheaper RM-MC35ELK will not show the level meters or start recording, but can it at least change the recorder from auto to manual levels and set the recording level?

Changing from auto to manual has to be done on the unit (no remotes will help you).

You can change the level with any remote after it has been set to manual (using << and >>).

You can get the MC35ELK or MC38ELK, which are basically the same, if you don't want the better MC40ELK.

Changing from auto to manual has to be done on the unit (no remotes will help you).

You can change the level with any remote after it has been set to manual (using << and >>).

You can get the MC35ELK or MC38ELK, which are basically the same, if you don't want the better MC40ELK.

That was exactly what I needed! Thanks.. Just picked up a new mc35elk for under $9 usd.