Where can I buy an RH1?

Rate this topic

timonoj

Hi, i'm asking this, since it's starting to be a pain in the ass to find an "affordable" RH1. I've found some pricing around 400€, and on ebay a crazy guy selling one for 2000€. I mean, i want a brand new RH1, but as cheap as possible...if possible. If it's somewhere in Europe, that'd be lovely (for shipping costs). It's starting to be pretty hard for me to find one. I live in Madrid, but its really weird to go to sony stores and being told "they don't ship them here in spain". I saw one in a small shop, but the shop dealer was talking of 450€. I could buy 2 ipods for that price (and come back home with money in the pocket)! I prefer sony for all the reasons you know, but I'm not THAT mad...Any tip? Any cool online shop? Thank you guys!

Hi, i'm asking this, since it's starting to be a pain in the ass to find an "affordable" RH1. I've found some pricing around 400€, and on ebay a crazy guy selling one for 2000€. I mean, i want a brand new RH1, but as cheap as possible...if possible. If it's somewhere in Europe, that'd be lovely (for shipping costs). It's starting to be pretty hard for me to find one. I live in Madrid, but its really weird to go to sony stores and being told "they don't ship them here in spain". I saw one in a small shop, but the shop dealer was talking of 450€. I could buy 2 ipods for that price (and come back home with money in the pocket)! I prefer sony for all the reasons you know, but I'm not THAT mad...Any tip? Any cool online shop? Thank you guys!

There is an UK vendor on eBay just now offering a new Sony MZ-RH1 at more affordable (and honest) price:

http://cgi.ebay.it/Sony-MZ-RH1-Walkman_W0Q...VQQcmdZViewItem

Good luck...

Well it's not the RH1 It's the RH1 sister accessory upgrade pack complete with stereo mic.

I just bought it as it's the cheapest I could find and you don't have to be a student to get this price plus free shipping.

http://www.studica.com/products/product_de...productid=51365

Sony Pro Hi-MD Minidisc Recorder MZ-M200 $327.95

And in case your not sure

http://www.minidisco.com/site/PortableChart-MDO-4.htm

You can see the images they are both teh same and the same everything down to stats. Just one comes with the mic for an additonal price tag. Though the price I found is far less. };>)

Enjoy.

Sorry it woudl appear they may not ship to spain. But you can always call and check.

Edited by Midnght

Well it's not the RH1 It's the RH1 sister accessory upgrade pack complete with stereo mic.

I just bought it as it's the cheapest I could find and you don't have to be a student to get this price plus free shipping.

http://www.studica.com/products/product_de...productid=51365

Sony Pro Hi-MD Minidisc Recorder MZ-M200 $327.95

And in case your not sure

http://www.minidisco.com/site/PortableChart-MDO-4.htm

You can see the images they are both teh same and the same everything down to stats. Just one comes with the mic for an additonal price tag. Though the price I found is far less. };>)

Enjoy.

Sorry it woudl appear they may not ship to spain. But you can always call and check.

Thanks a lot for your information!

Yeah, i agree it's a nice price...Wich scares me. I mean, if the thing is they include goodies with the unit...Why do they label the unit differently? Wouldn't be more common-sense to label it "RH1-extra pack" or something like that?

Can it upload songs to the computer freely? Even those normal oldies SP -LP2 ones? Does it support mp3 natively? It sounds so weird...

Sorry, i've just checked the table you said....So I guess u're right...But I still feel a little bit uncomfty...

I mean, it's not that i don't believe you...But it's a HiMD I never heard of. It doesn't even show up in the minidisc.org list page...

Does anybody else know about this unit? (maybe if more people says "it's alright it's just the same" I'll dare...)

I had a bad experience with an NH600D unit...I didn't notice that "D" behind when I bought it. And it was the american capped version :(

That unit is no more. Oddly enough, my MZ-N510 still works as the first day (but it's a total wreckage, someday the main door will fall off). So I'd like to buy a one that is GOOD quality. Something that lasts. Like that poor N510.

O

Edited by timonoj

Thanks a lot for your information!

Yeah, i agree it's a nice price...Wich scares me. I mean, if the thing is they include goodies with the unit...Why do they label the unit differently? Wouldn't be more common-sense to label it "RH1-extra pack" or something like that?

Can it upload songs to the computer freely? Even those normal oldies SP -LP2 ones? Does it support mp3 natively? It sounds so weird...

Sorry, i've just checked the table you said....So I guess u're right...But I still feel a little bit uncomfty...

I mean, it's not that i don't believe you...But it's a HiMD I never heard of. It doesn't even show up in the minidisc.org list page...

Does anybody else know about this unit? (maybe if more people says "it's alright it's just the same" I'll dare...)

I had a bad experience with an NH600D unit...I didn't notice that "D" behind when I bought it. And it was the american capped version :(

That unit is no more. Oddly enough, my MZ-N510 still works as the first day (but it's a total wreckage, someday the main door will fall off). So I'd like to buy a one that is GOOD quality. Something that lasts. Like that poor N510.

O

Well not having mine yet I can't give you some of the info your asking.

But i'll post as manylinks about this as I know of.

According to this the MZ-M200 is the new version of the MZ-M100

Though from images and other thigns i've seen they're exactly the same sans mic extra.

http://namm.harmony-central.com/SNAMM06/Co...0-Recorder.html

Here's sonys info on it as you can see tis what they call their PRO Audio for professional recording blah blah blah

http://bssc.sel.sony.com/BroadcastandBusin...83&id=84320

Here's sonys data on the MZ-RH1 which looks like the same product just targeted at the home user.

http://www.sony-europe.com/PageView.do?sec...ssReleaseDetail

Heres ton of data about the RH-1 which i figure you know about. but for others anyways.

http://www.minidisc.org/part_Sony_MZ-RH1.html

And Another indepth review of the RH1 (This is the best review I've seen about the RH1 M200 any where even tells you what can be uploaded to the pc and what can't

http://www.mdcenter.nl/redirect.php?file=h...h1/index_en.php

but here's the real clincher for ya. };>)

The Owners Manual for the RH1 and the M200 It's the same book.

Lifted straight form Minidisco.coms page about the RH1 down near the bottom of the page. Owners Manual Link}:>)

http://minidisc.org/manuals/sony/Sony_MZ-RH1_user_manual.pdf

Enjoy.

Edited by Midnght

You were right, I think that's a very good proof! I sent a mail to studica, but i don't think they'll send to europe :_(

At least now I know there's another way of labelling it, with better equipment! Tomorrow I'll do some research for shops with it :)

Again, thank you! Btw, atrac3, grazie :) I took note and i'm following that article as well, just in case ;)

You were right, I think that's a very good proof! I sent a mail to studica, but i don't think they'll send to europe :_(

At least now I know there's another way of labelling it, with better equipment! Tomorrow I'll do some research for shops with it :)

Again, thank you! Btw, atrac3, grazie :) I took note and i'm following that article as well, just in case ;)

NP If you don't have any luck let me know. If your the trusting type. I'd be happy to have it shipped to me for free, then ship it to spain for whatever that would cost from the US.

Looks to be around $20.50 to madrid for 2 pounds by airmail. USPS

$67 via fedex Yikes.

And about $72 from ups ick.

But anyway the options there.

Good Luck

NP If you don't have any luck let me know. If your the trusting type. I'd be happy to have it shipped to me for free, then ship it to spain for whatever that would cost from the US.

Looks to be around $20.50 to madrid for 2 pounds by airmail. USPS

$67 via fedex Yikes.

And about $72 from ups ick.

But anyway the options there.

Good Luck

Yes, i'd love to...But i already were scammed once. And wouldn't like to put you in the dangerous position, either...But how can it be done without any risk for any of us? (i mean, risk for either getting the money and run, or getting the package and run...)

Hi...Me again. I were sending some emails to some shop dealers in Madrid, and one guy didn't know pretty well what i was talking about, but he made a query on his database, and this came up (in an excel file):

CATEGORIA CODSAP PVENTA+IVA

HI-MD Walkman MZDH10PS.4EU8 412,10€

HI-MD Walkman MZRH10S.3EU8 247,30€

HI-MD Walkman MZRH1B.EU8 280,09€

HI-MD Walkman MZRH710B.3CE7 164,95€

HI-MD Walkman MZRH710S.3CE7 164,95€

HI-MD Walkman MZRH910B.3EU8 206,13€

HI-MD Walkman MZRH910S.3EU8 206,13€

It also showed description (very badly),but i chopped it.

I was scared of that codes because it might not be the exact version, so I'm asking if anyone knows what 4EU8, 3EU8 and 3CE7 means... The character just after the model name is the color; S for silver and B for black...

Thanks!

Edited by timonoj

I think this has been pretty well documented in other threads, but what the heck.. lol - The European version has a slight (not enough to be noticable in normal use) limit on the output 4.5w instead of 5. The remote is the 38EL which doesn't display Japanese characters, and that's about it. I don't recall if the Euro model also comes with a 1GB blank also.

I think this has been pretty well documented in other threads, but what the heck.. lol - The European version has a slight (not enough to be noticable in normal use) limit on the output 4.5w instead of 5. The remote is the 38EL which doesn't display Japanese characters, and that's about it. I don't recall if the Euro model also comes with a 1GB blank also.

Thank you so much, that's all I wanted to know! ^_^