MZ-RH1

Rate this topic

joplin

Hi

I just purchased a Sony MZ-RH1 and I have a few questions.. It doesn't come with an optical cable. I have a Sony POC-151 HG optical digital cable that has a Rectangular Plug and a Optical mini plug(Cable with optical and digital input/output plugs for connection of audio visual equipment) and I'm wondering if I can use this cable with my MZ-RH1?

The Sony instruction manual states that there is a minimum computer requirement(433 mghz). Can I still use my PC even though its not this fast?

Thanks

Greg Joplin

Hi

I just purchased a Sony MZ-RH1 and I have a few questions.. It doesn't come with an optical cable. I have a Sony POC-151 HG optical digital cable that has a Rectangular Plug and a Optical mini plug(Cable with optical and digital input/output plugs for connection of audio visual equipment) and I'm wondering if I can use this cable with my MZ-RH1?

The Sony instruction manual states that there is a minimum computer requirement(433 mghz). Can I still use my PC even though its not this fast?

Thanks

Greg Joplin

I think you won't have any problem pluggin your optical cable, but i'm not certain about that.

About the computer speed: I managed to install SS v1.5 on an old Pentium 166MMX overclocked at 210MMX, with 256MB ram. Since I had Win98 non-SE, the installer didn't allow me to start the installation. But i went running myself the setup files on every folder on the CD (that came with the MD) and worked for me.

So I can tell you, it works. Sloooooow as the hell, but it works. I mean, converting a song is SLOW. Even slower if it previously had to decode the song from mp3 or something like that. Transferring the song was ok in speed, almost the same as now (but draining full resources from my poor computer). So there you go...Good luck...and loads of patience :)

Edited by timonoj

Hi

Greg Joplin

Depends on your PC or data sending medium really.

The optical mini goes into the MD recorder.

The Toslink (square) goes into your pc or your stereo/cd/dvd/etc player.

You could of course have optical mini on your pc or av system or cd/dvd player it's not unheard of but i'd be surprised if it didn't have a toslink as that is the standard for large equipment.

You can buy cables that comes with a toslink to mini optical adapters. Or you can buy the adapter seperately as well if you need dual mini opticals.

• 5 months later...

Hi

Thanks

Greg Joplin

433 million GHz!?!? I don't think any body's computer is that fast...

That cable should work beautifully with your RH1 btw.

You don't necessarily need to buy Sony's optical cables, any decent generic optical cable should do. One important thing though, you need to check the plug size of your source's connection: Toslink-out or minijack-out. Laptops & PCDP's with optical out are usually minijack-outs. Other digital sources usually come with Toslink-out. There are also Toslink to Toslink cables with minijack adapters, also handy, more versatile.

Thanks friend! , I will buy a generic cable Toslink to Toslink with minijack adapters because Sony that I have found (Sony POC-20AP) I believe that can't find to buy it where I live (Spain). B) Bye!!!!