Forum Milestone

Christopher

The forums of Minidisc.org have reached 50,000 registrations and more than 100,000 posts. This is an amazing achievement; the world of Minidisc has changed through our voice and gives any new user the ability to succeed with the help of brilliant FAQ's and assistance from dedicated forum members. It is almost impossible to find a topic related to Minidisc that hasn't been discussed on the forum, which compliments the immense collection of archived data that resides on Minidisc.org quite nicely. Thank you for manifesting this experience..it truly is something special.

fanimej, you can see the board statistics on bottom of the front page. There are usually just a dozen of registered members online, but quite a few unregistered visitors (guests) at a time. In the member list you can see the total post count of each member among other details.

fanimej, you can see the board statistics on bottom of the front page. There are usually just a dozen of registered members online, but quite a few unregistered visitors (guests) at a time. In the member list you can see the total post count of each member among other details.

Yeah, i saw that but there's no info about how many people log on like at least once a month, i figured that may be something the administrators know of. Oh well, great news anyway! :)

It is no secret that a huge attraction of the site is merely the files we host, which is fine by all of us as we know its helping the community. Many people just register so they can download.

I cannot pull up how many registered members log in per month, there were 60,000 page views in the forum from Dec. 1 '06 to Jan. 1 '07 however. I don't have statistics for the download section.

It is no secret that a huge attraction of the site is merely the files we host, which is fine by all of us as we know its helping the community. Many people just register so they can download.

I cannot pull up how many registered members log in per month, there were 60,000 page views in the forum from Dec. 1 '06 to Jan. 1 '07 however. I don't have statistics for the download section.

Okey, it's still great though that so many people visit the site! Probably a stupid question but what files do you host? Do you mean the sound archive?

There have been around 130 guests online every time I have visited over the last three day, and I am here a few times every day. A guy in the minidisc newsgroup said the other day that this place is dead. It's far from it. The trade in minidiscs on ebay.co.uk is quite brisk and even 8 year old recorders sell well, with lots of sellers giving a link to here. Sony is missing out 'cause this format is nowhere near as dead as some people think. (says curls, whilst bidding for a car player)

This is my first posting. Although a MD fan for a number of years, I didn't know about this site until a month ago. Since then I've been all over it.

I discovered MD back in 2001 when I saw a local jazz big band leader using it to record her band's performance. Live Jazz recording (mostly stealth) with MD has become my obsession. Here in the USA we MD fans are few and far between. (Even the SONY store at a major mall doesn't stock MDs.) I just wanted to thank all the people responsible and let you know that I REALLY appreciate your work. The information you are providing about all things MD is GREAT.

Excellent news...and is anyone even seriously counting the lurkers, i.e. people like me who trawl for info. without always logging in?

NOW...if we could only get it more into people's heads to use the Search function instead of posting the most basic of questions over and over again... :yes: Still, excellent news for the Forums indeed!

peace

WaywardTraveller

Edited by WaywardTraveller

Ok,, so,, i put my NEW Casio 8000 keyboard (not my Yamaha 8000 i always say),, and put tone # 526 ON (applause);;

AND,, i recorded part of it onto a standard MD disc and "Looped" it.. *as the Casio is still playing*..

they are inputting to my Eurorack MXB 1002 mixer into my main amp thru the speakers and thru the walls (the mailman is watching my house)..

so,, now they are both applauding for yous guys and i wonder which one will applaud the longest..

this could go into the Guinnis Book of Applauses!!

Edited by rayzray

• 2 weeks later...