MZ-RH1 Problems

Rate this topic

Quicksilver_mx

Hello to all, I am going to comment a problem that I have with my MZ-RH1, is that just a short time after buying it, I made the unfreezing of the exit of power which they have single the models of Europe, and soon after later notices that something happened, I could verify that when listening the songs the sound raised and lowered slowly and fast, so that but it happens, in which does not talk about to recordings by micro, it does and it does not have these problems, only in reproduction, know that must this failure, it can have to do with the unfreezing of the apparatus?

Greetings

This is merely a guess, as I am not sure I understand what you are asking...

You may need to set the REC Settings / REC Level to "Manual".

The "raised and lowered" sounds like a telltale sign of AGC while recording.

Hello, request that excuses to me, since I use in universal translator and not if they understand absolutely or what I say to them, I explain....yo again buys the MZ-RH1 and I verified that tapeworm a blockade in the volume, which could be cleared keying in a sequence which I could read in the forum, or, but when spent days I verified that something went bad, when reproducing music the volume rose and it lowered very slightly single, so that you they understand to me was as if it made a recording with the level of entrance of microphono to the maximum and in way of automatico adjustment, for that reason I ask to them if some of a problem of similar characteristics, to know in question

Hi,

if I understand you correctly you tried to get rid of the sound volume restriction on your rh-1 by fiddling around in service mode. Now the volume goes up and down during playback of your own recordings?

Did I got that right?

Well, I have no idea but maybe you changed accidentally some values when doing that service-mode hack. Resetting the values to their initial values and seeing if the problem vanishes might be the best option (although you could also do more dammage, of course ...).

Maybe someone else has an idea what else could cause that up and down of the soundvolume during playback.

Roman

Hello, request that excuses to me, since I use in universal translator and not if they understand absolutely or what I say to them, I explain....yo again buys the MZ-RH1 and I verified that tapeworm a blockade in the volume, which could be cleared keying in a sequence which I could read in the forum, or, but when spent days I verified that something went bad, when reproducing music the volume rose and it lowered very slightly single, so that you they understand to me was as if it made a recording with the level of entrance of microphono to the maximum and in way of automatico adjustment, for that reason I ask to them if some of a problem of similar characteristics, to know in question

Ok, this is a complete nonsense...I think he says something about entering service mode (risky, huh?), but i'll ask him in spanish...

Sevillano, jubila ese traductor, que nos está matando :D

Cuéntame a mi qué te pasa y yo lo traduzco...

Edited by timonoj

Ok, this is a complete nonsense...I think he says something about entering service mode (risky, huh?), but i'll ask him in spanish...

Sevillano, jubila ese traductor, que nos está matando :D

Cuéntame a mi qué te pasa y yo lo traduzco...

Hola Timonoj!!!, que alegria ver por aqui a un español, creia que era el unico...., vamos a ver si en nuestro idioma nos entendemos, yo compre en cacharro este, y resulta que cuando hice el desbloqueo de la restriccion de volumen al pasar unos dias me di cuenta que no sonaba bien, el volumen baja y sube levemente, para que nos entendamos es como si cogieramos un Discman, y jugaramos con la rueda de volumen........la verdad es que no tengo ni idea si he tocado algo que no debia o lo que sea, la cuestion es saber si tiene solucion la cual pueda aplicar yo por mi parte, asi que nada, traduce a esta gente la historia a ver que dicen........espero que tu te hayas enterado correctamente......y gracias.

Sevilla and Olé

Hi Timonoj!!! Great to see an spaniard around here, I thought I was the only one. Ok, let's see if i we can understand in our language: I bought this player, and I tried to unlock the volume restriction (through the service mode). A few days later I noticed the volume wasn't doing well; It goes a little bit lower and higher at times. It's like taking a discman and start playing with the volume wheel....I don't really know if I did something I shouldn't, but I'd like to find out if there's any solution. Thank you very much!

Sevilla and Olé

**Translation below

Buenasss...La peña te había entendido bastante tragablente, pero lo traduzco. Lo que te han sugerido ya es que intentes entrar otra vez en service mode y dejar los valores originales (supongo que vendrán en esa guía que pillaste). Otra cosa que te preguntan es si son grabaciones propias de micro, o canciones transferidas del ordenador. Yo desde luego con mi RH-1 sólo para jugar con cosas del volúmen, con lo que me ha costado, no me la juego NI DE COÑA. Pero bueno. Que traduzco:

**Translated: I think people around here understood you quite well, but I translated it anyway. What you got suggested is to try go into that service mode again and leave the original values (maybe u can find them on that guide u used?). They also ask you wether those are mic-recorded songs, or transferred from computer ones. Anyway, if I were you, after paying that price, just for toying with the volume lock, there's NO WAY I would even bother. Not for that price.

Edited by timonoj

**Translation below

Buenasss...La peña te había entendido bastante tragablente, pero lo traduzco. Lo que te han sugerido ya es que intentes entrar otra vez en service mode y dejar los valores originales (supongo que vendrán en esa guía que pillaste). Otra cosa que te preguntan es si son grabaciones propias de micro, o canciones transferidas del ordenador.

Solo afecta a la musica transferida en el ordenador, las grabaciones que hago con el micro suenan bien tanto en el RH1 como en el ordenador, pero eso, cuando se trata de pasar musica al RH1 no hay manera, ademas he observado que el sonido se ve afectado solo cuando hay frecuencias altas, por ejemplo si se trata de voz y una guitarra clasica simple y llana no parece verse afectado, pero cuando le meto una cancion con picos de frecuencias altos es como si se viniera abajo, por cierto he hecho la restauracion a los valores originales y sigue en el mismo plan.......no se la verdad es que me tiene mosca, a ver si hay alguien que sepa a que se puede deber este fallo y si es de configuracion y saben resolverlo a ver si me pueden ayudar......te doy las gracias por tu ayuda en la traduccion tio.

post-42036-1169509276_thumb.jpg

Only the music transferred from the computer is affected. The mic recordings sound good in both computer and RH1. I also noticed that the sound is only affected at high frequencies. For example, the sound of a voice singing accompained by an spanish guitar seems to have no problem at all, but when I transfer a song with high top frequencies, it's like if everything went lower. By the way, i did restore it to its default settings, and nothing seems to have changed. It's starting to annoy me, maybe someone knows what's this issue related with? Maybe with configurations? Any help will be welcome!

Well, well... If you returned ur RH1 to the default settings and it still buggers you with the sound, maybe it's related with the encoding proccess previous to the transfer. Question for the wise audience: Is the SS v4.2 still using the directshow filter during the encoding? (most of us, redirected to ffdshow, that little double-F icon that appears next to the system clock, when encoding). If so, maybe u have to check which options are checked in audio settings in ffdshow. Maybe there's a normalize option checked, maybe an amplitude or postprocessing setting... Disable any of these settings if you find them. If you get lost on this, if I can i'll post some screenshots tonight.

**Traducido: Bueno...Si ya has puesto el RH1 en su configuración de fábrica y todavía te da por culo, quizá pueda tener que ver con el proceso de codificación previo a la transferencia. Pregunta para los sabios: Utiliza aún el Sonicstage v4.2 (supongo que tienes ese) el sistema de filtros de directshow durante la recompresión? (para la mayoría, esto redirige a ffdshow, ese iconito que sale de una doble F cuando sonicstage pone que está "encoding" una canción). Si es así, tienes que mirar qué opciones están marcadas en la configuración de audio de ffdshow, A lo mejor tienes activa alguna opción de normalización, o quizá alguna opción de amplitud o postprocesado. Si encuentras alguna de esas opciones, desactívalas. Si te pierdes en lo que digo luego por la noche si puedo posteo alguna screenshot.

Well, well... If you returned ur RH1 to the default settings and it still buggers you with the sound, maybe it's related with the encoding proccess previous to the transfer. Question for the wise audience: Is the SS v4.2 still using the directshow filter during the encoding? (most of us, redirected to ffdshow, that little double-F icon that appears next to the system clock, when encoding). If so, maybe u have to check which options are checked in audio settings in ffdshow. Maybe there's a normalize option checked, maybe an amplitude or postprocessing setting... Disable any of these settings if you find them. If you get lost on this, if I can i'll post some screenshots tonight.

**Traducido: Bueno...Si ya has puesto el RH1 en su configuración de fábrica y todavía te da por culo, quizá pueda tener que ver con el proceso de codificación previo a la transferencia. Pregunta para los sabios: Utiliza aún el Sonicstage v4.2 (supongo que tienes ese) el sistema de filtros de directshow durante la recompresión? (para la mayoría, esto redirige a ffdshow, ese iconito que sale de una doble F cuando sonicstage pone que está "encoding" una canción). Si es así, tienes que mirar qué opciones están marcadas en la configuración de audio de ffdshow, A lo mejor tienes activa alguna opción de normalización, o quizá alguna opción de amplitud o postprocesado. Si encuentras alguna de esas opciones, desactívalas. Si te pierdes en lo que digo luego por la noche si puedo posteo alguna screenshot.

La verdad es que no tengo ni idea.......yo el SonicStage lo utilizo extrictamente para grabar, y nunca me he parado a ver tema de configuraciones, si te puedo decir que los problemas puede que surgieran a raiz de instalar la version 4, actualmente tengo la 4.2, y en un principio usaba la version 3.6, si no me equivoco que es la que venia en el CD de instalacion, si me puedes poner un poco mas claro eso de la conficuracion te lo agradecere.

La verdad es que no tengo ni idea.......yo el SonicStage lo utilizo extrictamente para grabar, y nunca me he parado a ver tema de configuraciones, si te puedo decir que los problemas puede que surgieran a raiz de instalar la version 4, actualmente tengo la 4.2, y en un principio usaba la version 3.6, si no me equivoco que es la que venia en el CD de instalacion, si me puedes poner un poco mas claro eso de la conficuracion te lo agradecere.

Proof that FFDshow is working when Sonicstage is encoding a song:

**Esta es la prueba de que FFDshow está activo mientras Sonicstage comprime una canción:

ffdshow33zq.jpg

Menu for configuring FFDshow audio settings:

ffdshow22dh.jpg

Check if any of the checkboxes are checked...If so, disable them(i mean on the left pane!):

**Comprueba que no haya ninguna casilla marcada (las de la lista de la izquierda, las que están ahí marcadas no las toques):

ffdshow4ho.jpg

Edited by timonoj