How to charge my battery? (RH1)

Rate this topic

timonoj

Hi I'm having a weird problem with my brand new RH1. It just seems to decide randomly wether it charges or not...For example, right now I'm using the AC adaptor. The battery's almost empty (the battery icon is already blinking when i play anything). (just in case, i live in europe, so that's ~230V). But it doesn't show the "XX min left" message. If I plug it into the computer sometimes it will work. But that's quite weird isn't it? Or is it something that i'm missing, maybe?

when plugged into the computer it should never say 'XX min left', just charging. When plugged in (computer or ac-adapter) it can take a few sec for the RH1 to realize it is charging so if you haven't waited at all this could be it (took about 40 secs at one time with my RH1). Have you checked the battery is inserted correctly?

if nothing works and performance seems really strange, do not hesitate and return it as fast as possible (or perhaps demand a battery switch first if they will do that)... no need to accept a faulty machine of course

PS: not applicable here, but nonetheless interesting for random readers: when the battery still is nearly full, the machine won't say charging or 'XX min left' but it might still be recharging the last 20%

Edited by The Low Volta

when plugged into the computer it should never say 'XX min left', just charging. When plugged in (computer or ac-adapter) it can take a few sec for the RH1 to realize it is charging so if you haven't waited at all this could be it (took about 40 secs at one time with my RH1). Have you checked the battery is inserted correctly?

if nothing works and performance seems really strange, do not hesitate and return it as fast as possible (or perhaps demand a battery switch first if they will do that)... no need to accept a faulty machine of course

PS: not applicable here, but nonetheless interesting for random readers: when the battery still is nearly full, the machine won't say charging or 'XX min left' but it might still be recharging the last 20%

Thanks for the information. At this point, i waited once for around ten minutes with no living signal :(

That was another day. Now it decided to work again: I plugged it once into the laptop...Nothing happened. Changed the usb port (sometimes this works for usb stuff), and decided to turn on, and start the pc charge (yeah, i know, no minutage, just the charging icon and the pc connected message). Then i decided to switch to the AC charger. Then it worked. Any clue? Why this? I'm seriously thinking about taking it back to sony store...but it's a nuisance,it's placed in the other corner of Madrid :closedeyes:

• 2 months later...

I have a new MZ-M200. I know the polarity needs to be correct for the charging, but I cannot find any indicators on the adapter, the plug into the adtapter is rounded and thereby not differentiated, and the plug into the wall outlet is not differentiated (no wide blade). Any ideas on how to get my first charging session going?

J. Burt

Thanks for the information. At this point, i waited once for around ten minutes with no living signal :(

That was another day. Now it decided to work again: I plugged it once into the laptop...Nothing happened. Changed the usb port (sometimes this works for usb stuff), and decided to turn on, and start the pc charge (yeah, i know, no minutage, just the charging icon and the pc connected message). Then i decided to switch to the AC charger. Then it worked. Any clue? Why this? I'm seriously thinking about taking it back to sony store...but it's a nuisance,it's placed in the other corner of Madrid :closedeyes:

On the Comp , one USB port supllies power and the other doesnt in some cases , ( My Mac book does that) or the current level wont be enough on the one port to instigate the charging.

I notice with my RH1 , I have several different brands of AC/USB adapters, one for the MicroTrack from M-Audio, and Telephone adapters for the cellphone , I have tried the RH1 on all of them,None of them worked . Only worked on the SONY Adapters , then I have this AC power strip that has a USB, and two AC outs , and it Worked , There has to be something about the USB connection in the RH1 .

Edited by Guitarfxr