Minidisc Canada Having Nice Sale

Christopher

Now, is this MZ-RH1 the same model as the US models being sold say from Minidisco or Minidisc Access or is an AC adapter required to use it in the US?

If it's the same US model I'm gonna git me one!

Canadian and US standards both use 110 volts and the same outlets. Snap it up!

Great sale. I ordered mine and hope to have it this week. Also, I just found another great sale on the MZ-RH1. Free shipping in the US and 7% customer appreciation discount on top of an already low price make for big savings.

Site indicates...This offer will expire at 11:59pm on Monday February 12, 2007. Not a lot of time to make up your mind, but hopefully this will help anyone who is just about ready to buy.

Edited by rdd331

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't seen better, but it depends where you live on the globe and what accessories you care for, as there are some differences with the JP version available for a nice price too from PJ:

CA RH1 comes with a spare Hi-MD blank, & is black coloured; instruction manuals in English, Spanish & French are provided but comes with 38EL remote, cheaper feeling and lesser resolution display, less angles viewing and no Kanji display; I suspect that it's made from a different material too, 35ELK feels more metallic & weighs actually heavier, although they do look very much like each other.

JP RH1 comes with no spare blank & a Japanese instruction manual only but is packed with 35ELK remote, which has a much clearer display with higher resolution as it has to be able to display sophisticated Kanji characters. Silver colour only for an equivalent price. The black JP RH1 is more expensive but would come 35ELK remote.

You might find that I exaggerate the remote control issue, but as it's display is the only place you'll visualize track names, etc., you might consider it.

Late edit: Oh yeah, the stock earbuds provided look even cheaper in the north-american pack compared to the Japanese's - I say look because I admit I haven't used them much - but that shouldn't matter so much as no person in his right mind would use them to enjoy the SQ the RH1 delivers.

Thank you for your input. Is the CA RH1 the model sold in North America and the JP RH1 sold in Japan? I assume that the minidisc at Minidisco.com (looks to be the cheapest right now) is the CA RH1 model you are referring, though the picture shows the Japanese unit. How much is the JP RH1? Is it significantly more expensive? Is the interface in Japanese? The manual can always be downloaded from the Internet in English anyway.

Edited by woofcyn

• 4 weeks later...

Ordered an RH1 on Mar.10 (item was in stock) and the paypal cleared. No disc, no response (phone/email), nothing. Troublesome because i needed one for work and sold my other to get this one with what i thought was plenty of time.

i'm brand new to the forum - discoverd it because at least one other had posted a message regarding the same experience this month.

If you're in a hurry, forget Minidisc Canada.

Has anyone dealt with this company?? It's called Keenzo and currently has the RH1 for just under $300 (US). They are based in New York. Their mission statement has a strong customer service philosophy.

http://www.keenzo.com/showproduct.asp?ID=815817

I see no reason that you want to choose the company over minidisco. I may trust ebay Chinese sellers more than those no-name NY company, and I do not care for the practice of cheating on MSRP.

cheating on MSRP.

MSRP is Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. That's "suggested," not mandatory. If a seller feels there's more profit or more fairness in a lower price, that's the seller's choice. Fixed retail prices--it's very difficult to find a Swatch watch or Bose headphones or an iPod at any serious discount--often strike me as a way to gouge consumers.

MSRP is Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. That's "suggested," not mandatory. If a seller feels there's more profit or more fairness in a lower price, that's the seller's choice. Fixed retail prices--it's very difficult to find a Swatch watch or Bose headphones or an iPod at any serious discount--often strike me as a way to gouge consumers.

By "cheating on MSRP", I meant listing an arbitrarily high and unreal price to create an impression of huge discount, like the "$499 MSRP" we may see on the site.

I see no reason that you want to choose the company over minidisco. I may trust ebay Chinese sellers more than those no-name NY company, and I do not care for the practice of cheating on MSRP.

hmm, that no name company apparently have pretty nice feedback: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Keenzo_Electronics

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice sale indeed.

Price listed (C$347) included 'bonus' discs, item in-stock and 1-7 day typical delivery.

Ordered March 10. paid Paypal. No response for 24 days - during which time i phoned dozens of times (recording only - left three messages) and emailed three times. Response (finally) was: delay was blamed on supplier (though item listed as in stock at purchase).

Minidisc arrived today (Apr.18). No effort was made whatsoever to compensate for trouble. In fact, i noticed today that it sells now for C$327 without discs, or C$337 with discs.

Reasonable, good business?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The End is Near.

BOTH MD dealers listed in this thread have sold out and are posting that the RH1 has been discontinued.

http://www.abtelectronics.com/product/27148.html

http://www.keenzo.com/showproduct.asp?ID=815817

It prompted me to finally take the RH1 plunge. I just purchased one from our web page supporter minidisco.com with a $5 off certificate. Should be arriving early next week.

Ed

Yeah, SoundProfessionals sold out a while back and was pointing to the MZ-M200 but now says that's sold out and discontinued as well.

I bought a 'backup' RH1 from Minidisco about a week ago. The legacy upload is too important since I have older decks that I continue to use... which reminds me, I really need to put the new unit through its paces to make sure all is working well before a>the warranty runs out and b> it's impossible to get a replacement! I was hoping to wait a bit (it was a financial stress) but I was afraid I'd wait so long they'd be gone...

Last I checked (before I bought from Minidisco) B&H Photo in New York (and online) still had some for sale, as well.

Edited by Justin42

• 1 month later...