ATRAC Advanced Lossless:

Rate this topic

cochra1

Forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere, but I'm quite new to this forum! :P

I'm intrigued by the 'Advanced Lossless' concept.

Quote: "...able to compress a CD anywhere from 30% to 80% of its original size without any loss of data".

If it is indeed 'lossless', why are there various bitrate options? They can't all be lossless can they; otherwise why would anyone use any but the lowest possible bitrates. Is it just the top rate (352kbps) that is lossless?

a quick use of the search-function of these forums will reveal a lot of threads/posts dedicated to this topic...

hmm, kanako, I have replied similar to another thread of yours I see... perhaps give 'searching' a shot :P

PS: and being new is no reason not to search :lol:

a quick use of the search-function of these forums will reveal a lot of threads/posts dedicated to this topic...

hmm, kanako, I have replied similar to another thread of yours I see... perhaps give 'searching' a shot :P

PS: and being new is no reason not to search :lol:

:punish: Ow! Sorry, thanks for the tip - didn't actually realise this thing had a search function, thanks.

Andy