md again..

Rate this topic

pgross

i`ve been using md for the past 5 years,my first md was sony net md,mz n1 then i sold it off to buy sony mz r91(its kinda stupid because n1 has more advancement than mz r91..),then sony mz-n707...then sony mr r900(solid design then sony mz -n910...but sadly i lost that when im working...after saving some money i bought the sharp MT899,good design,sound and the light that was at the usb was nice.i listen to it with my technics rpdj 1200,wow,i loved its bass as i listen to mostly electronic music.....most of my friends prefers mp3 and im the only one using md lol..then i year 2005 my sharp net md was unable to record anymore so i was quite fed up with md and started using mp3.i bought the creative zen micro 4gb,the sound was quite flat even thought there is an equalizer..i also used audio technica in ear,ck7 on it and i would give 3.5/5 on the sound quality but there is still much lacking on it..finally my zen micro hangs up and thats it,i endure too much on mp3 sound quality so i planing to get back what i started with,MINI DISC.recently i bought a second hand sharp 1 bit im-dr410h,now i could really enoy my music..:),imj now saving money to buy the hi md...after all md is still the best!!!

Edited by imran shah

i`ve been using md for the past 5 years,my first md was sony net md,mz n1 then i sold it off to buy sony mz r91(its kinda stupid because n1 has more advancement than mz n1..),then sony mz-n707...then sony mr r900(solid design then sony mz -n910...but sadly i lost that when im working...after saving some money i bought the sharp MT899,good design,sound and the light that was at the usb was nice.i listen to it with my technics rpdj 1200,wow,i loved its bass as i listen to mostly electronic music.....most of my friends prefers mp3 and im the only one using md lol..then i year 2005 my sharp net md was unable to record anymore so i was quite fed up with md and started using mp3.i bought the creative zen micro 4gb,the sound was quite flat even thought there is an equalizer..i also used audio technica in ear,ck7 on it and i would give 3.5/5 on the sound quality but there is still much lacking on it..finally my zen micro hangs up and thats it,i endure too much on mp3 sound quality so i planing to get back what i started with,MINI DISC.recently i bought a second hand sharp 1 bit im-dr410h,now i could really enoy my music..:),imj now saving money to buy the hi md...after all md is still the best!!!

I started with a Sharp minidisc recorder, although luckily it is still going after eight years or so - with a few drops along the way!! I was distracted with Ipod, Zen and mp3 through my computer. But I always come back to MD, or HI-MD, as I have only been using that for the past 6 months. You won't be disappointed.

I started with a Sharp minidisc recorder, although luckily it is still going after eight years or so - with a few drops along the way!! I was distracted with Ipod, Zen and mp3 through my computer. But I always come back to MD, or HI-MD, as I have only been using that for the past 6 months. You won't be disappointed.

yea agreed,but there is some problem like not much shop selling md and its parts...

Welcome to the Board. yes, finding shops that sell MD parts can be tricky, but thank Goodness for the internet. Ebay, Minidisco, and many similar sites should be able to meet your needs!
i never tried buying online lol but i will try it soon..

i never tried buying online lol but i will try it soon..

I bought my RH1 From Minidisco.com, I don't shop either from the internet or at least whenever I can avoid it.

I was desperate enough to get an RH1 last year and I'm glad I bought one....this is a "Sony Classic Minidisc Player"

If they ever come up with a newer one, and this one goes for lesser than what I paid for I would probably get another

one for back up in case my current one breaks. Welcome aboard...Peace!!!

I bought my RH1 From Minidisco.com, I don't shop either from the internet or at least whenever I can avoid it.

I was desperate enough to get an RH1 last year and I'm glad I bought one....this is a "Sony Classic Minidisc Player"

If they ever come up with a newer one, and this one goes for lesser than what I paid for I would probably get another

one for back up in case my current one breaks. Welcome aboard...Peace!!!

bt there is one problem,i like sharp sound esp for the bass so can anyone here recommend me any good and new sharp md recorder and does the 1 bit makes any different?i also qute interested in rh1 but i would like to know abut its sound

bt there is one problem,i like sharp sound esp for the bass so can anyone here recommend me any good and new sharp md recorder and does the 1 bit makes any different?i also qute interested in rh1 but i would like to know abut its sound

I understand that you may like the Sharp sound, however the SQ of Sony RH1 is pretty at least good enough for me. I don't know of anyway recommending you a Hi-MD sharp if that is what is your looking for and I have not heard or seen Sharp making a minidisc player/recorder for sometime now. So I think you are stuck with Sony if that is your concern.

I understand that you may like the Sharp sound, however the SQ of Sony RH1 is pretty at least good enough for me. I don't know of anyway recommending you a Hi-MD sharp if that is what is your looking for and I have not heard or seen Sharp making a minidisc player/recorder for sometime now. So I think you are stuck with Sony if that is your concern.

ya sharp has not make any hi-md md,ok i will try the sony rh1

oh. The Sound of Sharp is excellent. The Sound of Hi MD Sony is good.

ya,sharp has good sq but the problem is that sharp has not make any himd.only sony does , means that i will still have to use more md blanks like before

ya,sharp has good sq but the problem is that sharp has not make any himd.only sony does , means that i will still have to use more md blanks like before

sharp will have its low freq lower in higher volumes as this is to prevent distortion in some earphones where else sony remains amplitude

sharp will have its low freq lower in higher volumes as this is to prevent distortion in some earphones where else sony remains amplitude

That statement makes no sense no matter how many times I read it...

...anyway: get yourself a Hi-MD from Sony my friend. Doesn't have to be an NH1 (although they are really sexy beasts) but you can also get really cheap (if just a little chunky) NH600s on the web. These are very power-efficient babies too. The main advantage of Hi-MD is the high disc capacity (1 Gig) coupled with advanced compression codecs giving improved quality over old minidisc ATRAC.

The right sound can be achieved by investing a little in a pair of reasonably good earphones. The sound can also be tailored as necessary with the 5-band eq which is standard on (as far as I know) all Sony Hi-MDs. So for little earphones you may need to give the bottom end a little boost.

The NH1 is great also as it plays MP3 files, very convenient if you buy your downloads of the net. After all, the ATRAC files available to download from Sony's site are horrible quality (very low bitrates) but MP3s are available up to 320 mbps.

Buying goods off the net these days is very easy and, if you use a reputable dealer, very safe also. It's also generally a good bit cheaper than a shop and offers massively more variety. I highly recommend it.

Edited by KanakoAndTheNumbSkulls

That statement makes no sense no matter how many times I read it...

...anyway: get yourself a Hi-MD from Sony my friend. Doesn't have to be an NH1 (although they are really sexy beasts) but you can also get really cheap (if just a little chunky) NH600s on the web. These are very power-efficient babies too. The main advantage of Hi-MD is the high disc capacity (1 Gig) coupled with advanced compression codecs giving improved quality over old minidisc ATRAC.

The right sound can be achieved by investing a little in a pair of reasonably good earphones. The sound can also be tailored as necessary with the 5-band eq which is standard on (as far as I know) all Sony Hi-MDs. So for little earphones you may need to give the bottom end a little boost.

The NH1 is great also as it plays MP3 files, very convenient if you buy your downloads of the net. After all, the ATRAC files available to download from Sony's site are horrible quality (very low bitrates) but MP3s are available up to 320 mbps.

Buying goods off the net these days is very easy and, if you use a reputable dealer, very safe also. It's also generally a good bit cheaper than a shop and offers massively more variety. I highly recommend it.

Just want to point out that it is 6 frequency bands. And not all Sony Hi-MD units have the custom EQ, the preset ones I wouldn't know, or you could hack your unit for custom EQ.

i thought that the NH1 only plays ATRAC files.as far as i'm concerned it doesn't play MP3 files natively. the only Hi-MD model that can play MP3 natively without much gripe from anyone is the mighty RH1.do correct me if i'm wrong

Just want to point out that it is 6 frequency bands. And not all Sony Hi-MD units have the custom EQ, the preset ones I wouldn't know, or you could hack your unit for custom EQ.

That's interesting, I assumed all Hi-MDs would have such a basic feature. And, d'oh! should've counted the bands, it is 6, yes!

I personally wouldn't waste time looking for any EQ presets. That whole concept is just a cheap gimmick. I mean; "Ooh, it's an acoustic track, dirrr, I'd better switch to the acoustic EQ preset :blink: ". Yeah right. Get the best sound you can for your player and earphones, and generally speaking, in the main you should stick with it.

That's interesting, I assumed all Hi-MDs would have such a basic feature. And, d'oh! should've counted the bands, it is 6, yes!

I personally wouldn't waste time looking for any EQ presets. That whole concept is just a cheap gimmick. I mean; "Ooh, it's an acoustic track, dirrr, I'd better switch to the acoustic EQ preset :blink: ". Yeah right. Get the best sound you can for your player and earphones, and generally speaking, in the main you should stick with it.

Well said, that is why I use a custom setting that is well suited for my listening tastes. It brings out things in the music you normally wouldn't hear. I personally don't like the way the RH1 sounds when EQ is off... of course it still sounds nice, just not as nice.