MZ-RH1 firmware

Rate this topic

Avrin

My MZ-RH1, purchased just two weeks ago, has firmware version 1.090. The corresponding menu item shows only 1.0, but the service mode (right after entering it) displays 1.090. The service manual shows 1.000. What do you guys have?

Edited by Avrin

I am curious: how do I enter service mode to check this?? And what difference does it make? The firmware cannot be changed, can it? B)

Hi,

you can find the way to the service mode in:

RH1 Volume Hack

But take care, not to change any settings! You do it on your own risk.

The above describtion is the way to change the area code for the limited NF-volume of the

European models.

When you are in the service mode (with point 1, two parts, left and rigt) are blinking.

The actual firmware you will find at the left blinking field.

I don´t know if it makes differences. I think not....

One of the point is to identify how ´new´ the equipment is.

Sometime you can indetify out of the serial number the producing month and year and

sometimes even the day. But mostly the serials number are encrypted :-(

As I know you can not change the firmware at the RH1. At some electronic eqquipment

firmwares are updatable either by yourself or by a service point.

---

www.dg8fbv.de

Edited by thott

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Version 1.060, right side was blinking "BEr012000"-- any idea what that means?

Unit was bought at the end of June 2006 from Sound Professionals (US).

I just got to the blinking part and then popped out the battery.. shouldn't have messed anything up, right? :/ (dunno why, it just freaked me out to see the blinking numbers and such with no other obvious way out)

Edited by Justin42

• 2 weeks later...

Version 1.060, right side was blinking "BEr012000"-- any idea what that means?

Unit was bought at the end of June 2006 from Sound Professionals (US).

I just got to the blinking part and then popped out the battery.. shouldn't have messed anything up, right? :/ (dunno why, it just freaked me out to see the blinking numbers and such with no other obvious way out)

Version 1.060 on mine too - with the same code on the right side.

According to the service manual, it's normal. On the left display you get "Ver 1.xxx", on the right display you get "BEr******". There's nothing in there about what BEr-whatever actually means. Maybe it's a software release number or something. My first thought was "block error count", but that's hidden in the Diag display (service manual page 14 - Self Diagnosis Result Display Mode).

Total recording time on mine (according to the diagnostic mode) is 00ED (237 - if that's hours, that's probably about right). It did report a few 0003 (focus error, no change), 0005 (fault of disc discriminate) and 0012 (could not read data with SYNC) errors. I guess some of my discs are a little iffy - my MZ-N710 showed basically the same thing when I read out the error counter when I did the 'unlock functions' hack.

My RH1 is still under warranty (until the end of August '07), so I'm not going to touch any settings - not for 0.5mW. The KSC-75s I'm using don't really need the extra power.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

European version for mine : Ver 1.040 BEr010000

I have this on the 40ELKremote :

002[0001]
Ver 1.040
BEr010000

Anyone knows what "002[0001]" means?